• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Rock star quotes that fit their musical style

bloozetubes

Pete Townsend, "I wish I could play guitar like Jeff Beck"

Jeff Beck, "I wish i could write songs like Pete Townsend"

hollowearth

Matt Pike says something about his approach to riffing as imagining he's in battle, and he has an axe, and he's trying to split the other guy's head open with an axe.

I can't remember the exact quote but I'd say that's pretty appropriate for the music he makes.

SteveO

"All you need are five strings, three chords, two fingers, and one asshole!" -Keith Richards

rspencer

"Can we get everything louder than everything else?"
--Ian Gillan

"We’re going to play a slow song. But it’s okay, it’s still loud."
--Lemmy Kilmister

Sweetfinger

Silver Supporting Member
Ian Gillan- "Could we have everything louder than everything else?"

EDIT: Dang! beat me to it while I was composing my post!

Jimmy Page, Keith Moon, and John Entwhistle were talking about names for Page's new project. after one suggestion, Moon commented, "That one went down like a lead Zeppelin!"

rob13v

Silver Supporting Member
"I'm not a rock star. I'm David Lee Roth!" - DLR (from a story someone posted here on TGP).

James

I love a good quote. Here's a few of my all time favorites that fit this topic:

“I like to move people; I don’t like to show off. I like to make sounds as I remember sounds that move me. My style is very primitive but at the same time it has developed in its own sense. I do my best to express myself and move people at the same time."
Paul Kossoff

"I'd like to warn you now, it's going to be a tiny bit loud for those that forgot to bring ear muffs, because like these are English amps and we're in Sweden and the electricity scene is not workin' out with this Australian fuzz tone and this American guitar...We're having technical difficulties..."
Jimi January 1969

"That'll be real good, but he'll have to do something about those pink pants."
Bobby Whitlock circa 1969 when asked what he thought about Eric Clapton playing guitar for Delaney & Bonnie Bramlett's band.

:)

rbnum1fan

The only way you can get good, unless you're a genius, is to copy. That's the best thing. Just steal.
Ritchie Blackmore

"Doesn't matter where you put us on the bill, or who you put us on the bill with, the result is always the same: We tear your face off."- Henry Rollins

Trending Topics