Rockerverb just died. Tube issue?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Green Pro Am, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Green Pro Am

Green Pro Am Supporting Member

I am sure it's a tube issue, but thought I'd check in here. I was playing my Rockerverb 50 when the volume started going in and out and gradually faded to zero (15 seconds or so). Turned it off and fired it up and nothing. I am going to check the tubes and fuses once it cools down.

Any thoughts? If it was a fuse, I would think it would cut out instantaneously? So I am guessing and hoping its only a tube issue.

2. retrobob

retrobob Member

Pilot light on, Do the tubes still light up? If so, not a fuse. Tubes are the first things to check. Good luck
    Hope its something simple.

3. madryan

madryan Member

Sounds like tubes to me.

4. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    If it was a fuse the amp wouldn't work at all. Tubes are the easiest thing to try. That's why you should always have spares.

5. Green Pro Am

Checked all of the externally accessible fuses and they were okay. Replaced all the tubes and nothing happened. Tonight I decided to check out the guts and noticed two additional fuses that are not accessible without diving in. Low and behold one was blown. Replaced that.

All fuses are okay. New tubes and the thing is brain dead.

Man this sucks. I was skitish on Orange reliability going in. I hope it's not serious.

6. Green Pro Am

Latest update. I keep blowing fuses. I noticed that he replacement fuses that I bought are 500MA 250V. While the replacements are T500. Does the T prefix mean anything? The guy at Radio Shack said they were the same.

7. rnm14

rnm14 Member

Return the amp if under warranty which you might void if you keep trying to fix it. Or go and see a qualified tech.I know that your current sitaution sucks, been there before, but take the time to get this fixed properly as it seems to be more than a tube/fuse issue.