Rockerverb Remorse

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MikeyG, Aug 5, 2005.

1. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

I have funds en route on the Rockerverb I just sold.

Generally I don't like to play an amp I'm selling, when funds are en route, for fear I'll have second thoughts.

Damn, why am I selling this amp?? It kicks ass!

Amazingly firm, tight low end. Gain from plexi to way over the top, and the gain sounds great throughout it's entire range. Really nice cleans. What's not to like? I was nailing the lead tones from 'All Right Now' with the gain on 4, on 6 it's like a raging SLO, it goes higher, but I have no need.

So I'll live up to my bargain and sell it as promised, but I know there'll be another in my future!

2. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

So true, and the new one NEVER fits right in the minute you get it either, then, if you made the right choice, a month later or so, you can't even remember what amp you sold last... at least thats happened with me and my Germino, I got it and was like hmmm... this is alright, but I DUNNO... I DUNNO... now its more of a "how the hell did I ever LIVE WITHOUT THIS":dude

-TJK

3. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Yup. Felt the same way about my HK Triamp. I sold it, played it one last time, and went 'what the fark am I thinking?'.

Once I had my Zinky SF in the house for more than 6 hours, I realized that I had DONE RIGHT!.

4. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Well Mike, you know you'll be able to find another one pretty easily when you decide you want that sound again.

At this point, I would have to honestly say that if I was allowed to only keep one of my amps, it would be this one. I play it pretty much every day. It does everything I need, at any volume and the loop works soooooo well. 7 months and the honeymoon ain't over yet...

5. saw a few on ebay a month or so ago.

6. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

Yeah that's what I figure too, can get another easy enough ...

7. Probos

Probos Gold Supporting Member

I've done that with other amps I've had in the past and had the same feeling that you had about the Rockerverb. I never do that anymore if I'm selling something,...as soon as it's sold I box it up.

Did you have the 50 or the 100? I have the 50 and so far I'm digging it very much,....it hasn't unseated my Tremoverb combo as my favorite, but it's unique enough where it's found it's place with me. COOL amp for sure!

8. BobbyRay

BobbyRay Supporting Member

Don't feel bad. I had the same feelings after selling a Fuchs ODS 30...The second time! :eek:

9. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Well Mike, the question then becomes - can you get this sound with pedals and a clean amp?? That's what you really want to know, right?? ;)

jon

10. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

The Rocker is SUCH a great amp. The one thing that I think will turn SOME guys off, is that it has totally its own sound. (To me thats a great thing). The clean is fantastic, and so is the dirt, and it has a really good reverb as well. You could easily do jazz, country, blues or metal on it, and have KILLER tones in each genre. How many amps can do that? Each time I have plugged into one, my face went like this :eek: .... :) .... :dude .... :cool:

11. hawkeye17

hawkeye17 Member

Try the Rocker 30..it kills :) Put a Mullard in V1 and some JJ EL34's in there and its jesus tones for me. And it's extremely portable while sounding just HUGE. My next amp is gonna be the 50 for sure.

12. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

Life is a series of compromises ;)

13. Badger71

Badger71 Member

Man, I hate seller's remorse.

14. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

I played a Rockerverb 100 today. Nice amp but not particularly remarkable. I personally would prefer a Shiva. Better cleans.

15. Legend

Legend Member

The Shiva was the amp I was A/Bing with the Rockerverb 50, and the Rockerverbs better cleans were what really did it for me.

16. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Member

Is the Rockerveb 30 only available as a Combo? Leon, you are using the Rockerverb 50 right?......
    Chuck

17. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Ya Chuck - I've got the 50 head (there's a 50 combo too). They've just anounced a Rocker 30 in a head version, haven't seen one in person yet though.

I prefer the Rockerverb's cleans to the Shiva's, though the Shiva's are great too. The cool thing about the Rockerverb to me (when compared to the Shiva) is it just sounds more unique.

Dave - if you get a chance, try a 50. I like its sound more than the 100. Something of a surprise to me, and clearly just personal preference, but I think it's just a better sounding amp. Not remarkably different but different enough.

18. marchhare

marchhare Member

I've had my Rockerverb 50 watt head for almost four months
    now, and I'm still madly in love with it. I haven't had a
    chance to use it live yet, but for recording it's working out
    really great. To me, it sounds like a really cool combination
    of a Vox, a modded Marshall and a very large Deluxe Reverb
    all in one amp. I used to be more of a Les Paul/humbucker
    kinda guy, but with this amp I'm really enjoying my strat
    also. I'm running it into a Marshall 2-12 w/ Vintage 30's.
    All I need now is one G12H to replace one of the 30's.
    Well, that...and an Echoczar and a fawn AC-30 so I can
    run in stereo. I think fawn just sounds better.

19. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

The 100 I played was through a Peavy 4x12. Perhaps that had something to do with it. It wasn't a bad amp at all but it also didn't put me into "where am I going to come up with 2K" mode.

They had a Rivera Clubster there as well. That clean sounded real nice. I guess I always come back to the Fender Clean. The Orange is not very Fendery IMO.