Rocketfire guitars 60's strat set review....

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Amadhunter, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Amadhunter

Amadhunter Member

Hope this is in the correct forum........:)

Ok, I've made a lot of online purchases, and have been lucky to have never had a deal gone bad. Some really good people out there if you are careful, and check up before paying.
    This has been, to date, the very best experience I've had dealing with someone on the net. Nick was quick to respond to pm's, or emails. Very patient answering questions, and his descriptions here are right on the money.
    I got the pkg quicker than I expected, the pickups were packed very well, and didn't get any damage in transit.
    They look really killer! Like they were carefully removed from an early strat that was kept in a damp basement somewhere for 40 or so years! I almost didn't use the covers on them, but wanted to protect them.
    Instead of reusing my old pickguard, I bought one from mojotone, prewired vintage style, with the metal sheilding plate.
    My test platform is an older MIM strat that I've abused quite a lot with different parts, chisels, soldering irons etc. The guitar I'm building for this set is still in the works.
    I installed the pu's, tuned up, and plugged in to my Peavey Classic 50. If you haven't heard Nicks pu's, you are missing out! Never in my life have I experienced such a "breakthrough" in my sound! These are the first boutique pu's I've ever played with, now I know what all the hubbub is about.
    The pu's I removed were GFS blue wired overwounds of some type, I thought I liked them. Pretty good for the price I paid for them anyway.
    One of the first things I noticed was the real difference in the tones from one setting to the next. All positions of the 5 way toggle are useful, and distinctly different. I can't wait to try it out on my little 1/2 watt homebrew amp. :)
    After years of wondering how some of my favorite artists got the sound they did, I now understand. You truly, sometimes, get what you pay for, and in this case, many times more than you pay for. :) I got in on Nicks sale, and hope he does another soon, "now my son wants a set in his strat". (how bout it Nick?) ;)
    In closing, GET A SET OF THESE PU's. You'll wish you'd had em all along.

Thanks Nick,
    Darren

2. airwarrior

airwarrior Member

3. Amadhunter

Amadhunter Member

[​IMG]
    This is it, the MIM strat with the pu's installed. I'll work on some clips tonight. I burned my left hand fingers cooking some backstrap this afternoon. :( So, forgive the bad playing in advance. ;)