• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

rockett blue note

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
I'm wondering this also. I'm thinking possibly , since I just use one channel on my Bogner Blue , that I could replace it with a BN. I love Rockett stuff. I've had an Animal a while back and it was killer. Didn't quite clean up with guitar volume as full as the Blue does..but maybe the blue note would be a good option?

Not a long term user but using the BN as my foundation tone for a few weeks.
With single coils (tele) it is lively and amp like. Good with humbuggies too but not quite as special. The mid boost switch is cool but I wish it was foot switchable. I dig the color.

Stone Driver

Gold Supporting Member
I've owned a Blue Note for about six months and it's still my main OD, and a Animal for about two months but ended up selling it.

For me, the Blue Note is the right OD due to the fact that it's so transparent EQ wise; your guitar and amp all maintain their tonal nuances and dynamics. The OD is very natural sounding for lack of better term, like a TubeScreamer without the mid hump, plus more gain on tap. The "fat" and "treble" controls are very effective in giving some more tonal control, but sound like they fill in your tone nicely to better emulate your guitar, rather than give you a radical eq shift. I use it into a clean amp for sweet blues tones, or hit my amp drive channel to get extra nasty. It excels in both applications for me.

The Animal was great, but I needed a pedal with more gain and aggressive voicing (I settled on a Mad Professor Stone Grey Distortion which nailed it). The Animal has more gain than the Blue Note, but loses some of that transparency. More Dicky Betts Marshall-esque tone to my ear than Slash if that makes sense. Great pedal, but the wrong choice for the tones I was looking for.

Overall the Blue Note is a very clean, very transparent, very natural sound low to mid gain OD; I absolutely love mine. If you want something with more of a classic 808 mid hump voice, it may not be the best choice. That said, it can be plenty fat if you want. Mines not going anywhere. :rockin

Both Blue note and Animal user and those two od ended up my search. First I was looking with a balsy od for Bluesy stuff (think SRV type of sound) and the BN was the thing. I plug through my Mark V and with a strat it is the sound I was looking for and I've tried dozens of OD that were supposed to nail the sound. Most of them had too much gain and they were loosing low end when the gain was high. The Blue note is so clean as a clean boost or a low gain OD it stays clean even with the gain at max.

I was also searching for an AC/DC - Zeppelin type of sound. I didn't want a high gain marshall (Wampler stuff or Carl Martin). I was looking for the vintage sound and when this pedal is engaged it colors your sound the right way. I remember the first time I cranked the amp with the animal and I started to play the Whole lotta love riff. The seller was looking at me smiling. It was the sound.

Guitardave

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a Blue Note for about 6 months as well. Great sounding pedal - I doubt you'll be disappointed unless you want more gain on tap than it's designed for.

strattitude

If I could only have one OD it would be the Blue Note. Had it for nearly 3 years. Before that I was swapping ODs all the time. Not any more.

weshunter

Silver Supporting Member
If I could only have one OD it would be the Blue Note. Had it for nearly 3 years. Before that I was swapping ODs all the time. Not any more.
Me too - it's so easy to dial in with hb's and sc's and sounds good in blackface and jtm45 circuits.

mysterious1s

I've owned a Blue Note for about six months and it's still my main OD, and a Animal for about two months but ended up selling it.

For me, the Blue Note is the right OD due to the fact that it's so transparent EQ wise; your guitar and amp all maintain their tonal nuances and dynamics. The OD is very natural sounding for lack of better term, like a TubeScreamer without the mid hump, plus more gain on tap. The "fat" and "treble" controls are very effective in giving some more tonal control, but sound like they fill in your tone nicely to better emulate your guitar, rather than give you a radical eq shift. I use it into a clean amp for sweet blues tones, or hit my amp drive channel to get extra nasty. It excels in both applications for me.

The Animal was great, but I needed a pedal with more gain and aggressive voicing (I settled on a Mad Professor Stone Grey Distortion which nailed it). The Animal has more gain than the Blue Note, but loses some of that transparency. More Dicky Betts Marshall-esque tone to my ear than Slash if that makes sense. Great pedal, but the wrong choice for the tones I was looking for.

Overall the Blue Note is a very clean, very transparent, very natural sound low to mid gain OD; I absolutely love mine. If you want something with more of a classic 808 mid hump voice, it may not be the best choice. That said, it can be plenty fat if you want. Mines not going anywhere. :rockin
Great summary, it echos what I was going to say! I also want to add that it stacks extremely well with other pedals, especially my Ecstasy/Euphoria. Those two together are GREAT!!

JackStraw12

Awesome pedal, had mine about a year used almost exclusively with HB's. Easy to dial in and covers a pretty broad range. Timmy > ODS > Allmany Marshall.

ejkennedy

Thanks guys. I had a Morning Glory on my shopping cart but I'm kinda gambling and just getting the blue note. Its one of the few light ODs I've never used. I've used the MG multiple times in the past and loved it.

mysterious1s

Thanks guys. I had a Morning Glory on my shopping cart but I'm kinda gambling and just getting the blue note. Its one of the few light ODs I've never used. I've used the MG multiple times in the past and loved it.
You cant go wrong with either, I have both on my board right now as well as a Euphoria. All work really well together!

ejkennedy

It sounds great on demos. I've adapted pretty well to Brent's demos so I know pretty well what I'm getting into based on his recordings.

Tex Milo

You cant go wrong with either, I have both on my board right now as well as a Euphoria. All work really well together!
do what i did, buy the blue note and do the BYOC kit (or ggg) and cover your morning glory basis that way.Im referring to the marshall bb1 kit btw.

dlc1953

Well it sounds right up my alley,and demo's sound real good, So bought one from Prymaxe this morning!

ejkennedy

What the heck are the dimensions of the blue note. I've SCOURED the internet and can't find it anywhere.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom