Rockett recall

Rockett

Hey guys, for those of you who bought a Lenny pedal we have temporary bad news. We discovered a cap that was installed backwards during production on the first 150 units. Sometimes they fail in 30 seconds sometimes hours but they will fail. It is an easy fix and we will cover all shipping costs for the repair obviously. If you have one please contact Jay Rockett - jay@rockettpedals.com

He will need your address and if you can supply the dimensions and weight of the box in its ready ship setup Jay will issue you an RMA. Meanwhile, we will have a new one entered into the shipping program and ready to go so that they cross in the mail. We apologize for the inconvenience but we want to make it right quickly.

NOTE: if you receive a new one it will have a green dot on the UPC label to show it is a proper working unit. Most of these passed initial inspection so the ones that failed did so after a decent period of time. Once they cool down they will work again temporarily so it can be deceiving.

Thanks everyone!!
Rockett

gavinashun

Silver Supporting Member
If I placed an order today, through your site, can I just have you fix it and send it to me? Or do I have to receive it and then send it back? What do you recommend folks that *just* placed an order, and with you, to do?

Rockett

If I placed an order today, through your site, can I just have you fix it and send it to me? Or do I have to receive it and then send it back? What do you recommend folks that *just* placed an order, and with you, to do?
Hi gavinashun, Jay here, I checked on your order and you are all good, you will indeed receive a good unit. We put a hold on the Lenny yesterday morning and nothing else was shipped until we had an opportunity to find the issue and I made the fix on my side and let it run on my scope for 24 plus hours. So you will be all set my man! Hope you dig the pedal and thanks for your support and understanding!

gavinashun

Silver Supporting Member
Hi gavinashun, Jay here, I checked on your order and you are all good, you will indeed receive a good unit. We put a hold on the Lenny yesterday morning and nothing else was shipped until we had an opportunity to find the issue and I made the fix on my side and let it run on my scope for 24 plus hours. So you will be all set my man! Hope you dig the pedal and thanks for your support and understanding!
Thanks so much! Really appreciate you checking this and replying in this thread. Can't wait to check out the Lenny!
Cheers -g

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
Ahhhh..man, I hope this doesn't delay the Tranquilizer!

Or...something a little less selfish. :)

stellablue

Didn't the Archer have the same backwards diodes?
This one has a backwards capacitor, not diode. A reversed diode would change the clipping from asymetrical to symetrical or vice versa. You might not hear a difference. I don't think the reversed diode orientation in the Archer would have been noticed except by looking.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
IIRC it was one diode that was backwards, yes, resulting in asymmetric clipping and a sound that should have been obviously not the Klon.

jAcKoFsPeEd

I thought waiting four to six months to get the bugs ironed out, was only for digital multi-function delay and or reverb pedals.......not a lowly analog drive pedal.

Trending Topics