Rockett's Alien Echo would be my favourite delay IF...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by yellowbaloon, Mar 16, 2015.

1. yellowbaloon

yellowbaloon Member

It didn't lose the high end when it is switched on!!!

Such a shame 'cause it is such a great sounding delay. The Trex Replica suffers from this same 'issue'!

I like my delays to be at unity and with no tone difference.

What are some other great delays that adhere to this?

2. Billy Idle

Billy Idle Member

Maybe you prefer digital delays...

3. King Rat

King Rat Member

4. hybridrocknroll

hybridrocknroll Member

Can it be run at 18v? I've found that the delay's I have not bonded with immediately I've switched to 18v (when they can take it) and found they were much better. I wasn't a fan of the Catalinbread Belle Epoch until I took it to 18v, same with the Echorec.

5. Creosote

Creosote Member

I like the Erec at 18v also, but the Belle works for me best at 9v. The Rockett does not mention being able to run at 18v. I'd ask then before trying.

6. hybridrocknroll

hybridrocknroll Member

Completely agree. Never plug into a higher voltage without finding out officially if you can do it or not. Easy way to brick a pedal if they're not made to take it.

7. Teleman76

Teleman76 Supporting Member

Between Appalachian - Smoky - Blue Ridge Mountains
    Yea my 2nd Belle Epoch I tried at 18v and love it. I'll admit it's won a spot on my board. Makes my Flight Time sound thin now.

8. paddywhack

paddywhack Silver Supporting Member

...fwiw my alien echo does not lose high end when i use it...or any other part of my tone...thats one of the main reasons i like it so much...it is one of the older ones in the uncoated mill finish so maybe there are some differences in the circuit if you've got a newer one...i just tried to get mine to change my guitars tone with a variety of settings but any change was undetectable....i was running it through a vintage Princeton with a Weber speaker...sounds glorious...

9. hdahs143

hdahs143 Supporting Member

Considering that is the first line in their online description, it would seem that crystal clear repeats was not part of the design concept, and may not be the right delay for you.