• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Rockin Tones Boost

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone ever heard of or played this pedal?

https://reverb.com/item/1701407-cle...ver-handcrafted-in-the-usa-quality-components

I stumbled across it the other night on Reverb and thought for $65 I would give it a spin. I received it today and am very impressed. Build quality is great. With my DGT and lower wattage Morgan amps, it is really blowing my mind!

I was looking for a boost that didn't get too shrill or piercing for solo bumps. Not only does this pedal keep the highs and lows under control, but it also seems to be adding some harmonic content/overdrive as well. It focuses the tone in the mods very nicely. So far it seems like a perfect match for my rig.

Any ideas what it might be based on, if anything? There is a gut shot on the reverb link. Thanks in advance.

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
I'll try and put together a clip soon. I asked the builder if it was opamp based and got this reply back:

"Yes it is, it has a LF353N Jfet opamp installed as I really liked the clarity from this particular one. It is installed in a socket if you ever want to experiment with different types of Opamp."

DaveKS

Exactly how I would expect a jfet boost to behave. Looks like a nice build and design for the price, socketed is a extra plus. It's a great day to hunt down pedals like this. So many choices in last few years.

ES330

Chad,

Do you like it straight into the amp ? or like it better to stack with other ODs ?

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
Chad,

Do you like it straight into the amp ? or like it better to stack with other ODs ?
My amps don't have a lot of headroom, so the pedal straight in pushes things into overdrive pretty quickly. I can hear some slight roll off of highs (very slight) and some low mid thickening happening. Sounds great alone straight into amps.

ES330

My amps don't have a lot of headroom, so the pedal straight in pushes things into overdrive pretty quickly. I can hear some slight roll off of highs (very slight) and some low mid thickening happening. Sounds great alone straight into amps.
Have you tried it with other ODs ?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom