• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

rocking country tone

helicopter99

im after a amp thats kind of a marshall/vox type vibe not fussed how many channels an about 30 watts. im gonna play it cranked in the sweet spot for all the lovely rich over tones

i really like kyle cook from match box 20's live tone

budda amps seem to fit the bill but hard to find in the uk

what are the new ones like now there owned by peavy?

helicopter99

whats a oxymoron ?

im gonna try an find some dr z to have a play on

how do people rate budda's me likey the youtube clips are the road worthy?

acoupland

DR Z is your simplest bet, but what's your budget? In the UK the Z prices are more than in the US after import etc.

The Zwreck is pretty much the ticket, but you could also go for any "Trainwreck Rocket" style amp (the zwreck is rather similar) or in general any AC30 type amp and hit it with a boost/compresser or just link the channels and use an attenuator :)

There are a few builders in the EU I know who are doing Rocket and such amps, they don't really have companies but they do good stuff, not sure if thats up your alley though.

I think he meant "rocking country" is an oxymoron hehe. But thats exactly what the zwreck is.

LJOHNS

The OP did not state an oxymoron - listen to some modern country music if you want to hear some outstanding rocking tones - boutique tone galore! Dr. Z is the way to go I think.

helicopter99

tones i like are players like dave grissom, keith urban an kyle cook live tone is what im looking to achieve or get in the ball park. i had a ftr 37 before which was great but to loud for what i was doing at the time.
brad paisley's tone is lovely but not what im after

ssyrjamaki

Dr. Z: Prescription Rx (Rx ES if you want more gain on tap), Z Wreck (if you have $4k to spend)

Matchless: DC-30. Or probably any other Matchless or Bad Cat.

Bruno: Underground-30.

Lublin

Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. The loudest 18 watts around. Amazingly versatile and can achieve all the rocking country you want.

Best part: can be had for <$1000 used.

mattjhuber

Agreed with everything said so far.

For a more open, natural tone...go Dr. Z (ala, Brad Paisley)

For a more compressed, produced tone (Keith Urban), go Bad Cat.

There are a lot of great choices, however!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom