Rocktron Cyborg reverb pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jpervin, Feb 23, 2009.

1. jpervin

jpervin Supporting Member

Anybody here have the Rocktron Cyborg reverb pedal that they're selling at MF for $99?

If so, opinions (good or bad)?

2. Gtr_Eng

Gtr_Eng Member

I just got one. For $99 I couldn't pass it up. I've only had it for a short time but heres what I think.

Pros:
    +Very nice reverbs
    +Easily tweakable.
    +Solid construction
    +included hush NR

Cons:
    -No spring reverb (but I've got a SFTR so that's no biggie for me)
    -Very large footprint (bigger than I expected)

If you need good reverb in a pedal and you have the room on your board then IMO it's a no brainer to get one.

3. jpervin

Do the reverbs lean toward the digital side, like the Boss DD-series units, or can you tweak them to sound warmer?

4. Gtr_Eng

Gtr_Eng Member

The cyborg has a variety of reverbs. Some of which tend to sound warmer and some which tend to have more clarity and less warmth. IMO it's a good all around reverb effect for guitar. The warmth and coloration comes from running it through a good tube amp. For $99 it gives you a lot of quick versatility and some very good sounds as well as being relatively noiseless. In terms of 'leaning towards the digital side', it has some patches that have a grainy texture similar to a boss delay unit. But these have there applications as well. You could spend a lot more and get an inferior reverb in many aspects. If you just want a pedal that has one or two sounds that are very analog souinding then this probably isn't the pedal for you. Then again you won't find those for $99 either.

I got it because it gives me some of the versatility of a rack processor without having to deal with issues associated with putting a rack system together.

5. markj

markj Member

I wasn't a fan of this pedal and ended up returning it. I thought the decay was waaay too didgital sounding. But I did not run it through my effects loop so that may have made a big difference.

6. gill

gill Member

I have one and like it alot. I don't have an effects loop and thought that might be an issue, but it's not. I prefer most of its settings to the verb on my HR devile.

7. jpervin

What are the dimensions of the Cyborg?

Pedalboard room wouldn't be a problem since I don't have a pedalboard (at the moment).

8. Gtr_Eng

Gtr_Eng Member

Roughly the size of 3 Boss pedals side by side. Don't have the dimensions but you can probably find them easily enough by googling.