Rocktron Intellifex - 39 new presets for 2018!

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by AnalogKid85, Oct 15, 2018.

1. AnalogKid85

AnalogKid85 Member

This pretty much happened by accident!

I was pretty much "done" with this FX processor years ago, and since I went on a house-cleaning spree recently, I thought I'd let this one go, since it was pretty much redundant with all the other gear I have now. In the ad, I put that I'd throw in a bunch of my presets for it too. It wound up selling a little quicker than I'd expected, and as I was frantically going through all my old stuff, trying to find something I'd actually use now (lol), I just couldn't say that much of it would be "usable" to me anymore, so literally every preset I had either had to be tweaked or just built from the ground-up again. I went on a 2-day programming binge with this thing, and I'm pleasantly surprised with what came out. There are still limitations that are impossible to overcome with the Intellifex (really short delay times for "analog"-sounding chorus, for one), but apart from those, I was really able to get some better sounds than I had in the past.

Anyway, here's a final list of the presets:

- 2vChorus+Echo 1
    - 3vChorus+Echo 1
    - 3vChorus+Echo 2
    - 5vChorus+Echo
    - 300-600 Stereo Dly
    - 335-500 Stereo Dly
    - 350-500 Dark Stereo Delay (Dyn)
    - 350-500 Stereo Delay
    - 380-750 Stereo Delay
    - AH Chorus+Delay1
    - AH Swell A
    - AH Swell B
    - Analog350
    - ChordSwellPad
    - CloudSwell1(Dyn)
    - EVH Chorus 1
    - EVH Chorus 2
    - Echo-Phi 1
    - Echo-Phi 2
    - Echo-Phi 3
    - Echo-Phi 4
    - HeavenlyClean(Dyn)
    - ModDly340(Dyn)
    - ModDly376
    - ModDly402(Dyn)
    - ModDly418(Dyn)
    - ModEkoVerb1(Dyn)
    - ModEkoVerb2(Dyn)
    - ModEkoVerb3(Dyn)
    - ModEkoVerb4(Dyn)
    - ModEkoVerb5(Dyn)
    - PanDelays
    - PlateThickener
    - PullMeUnder
    - Verbi-phi 1
    - Verbi-phi 2
    - VibEkoVerb1
    - VibroVerb1
    - VibroVerb2

The zip file here contains 39 image files of the parameters for each preset (if you want to enter them manually) AND 39 Sysex files (so if you're handy, you can send them right into the machine).

The Sysex files will work going straight into these machines:

- original Rocktron Intellifex (blackface)
    - Rocktron Intellifex LTD
    - Rocktron Intellifex On-Line
    - Rocktron Intellipitch

Direct sysex transfers can't be done for the Intelliverb or the Intellifex XL, but It should be possible to plug in these parameters manually for those machines (keep in mind though that there are *many* more parameters—verb ones on the Intelliverb & EQ on the Intellifex XL).

Most presets I do for other machines are for a 100% wet/parallel mix with the analog dry sound, but this one is the exception (since it *already* mixes in an analog dry signal). Everything is programmed with a series connection in mind, so if you want to use this in parallel with a mixer, you'll just have to turn down the Direct Levels and balanced the signals with Effect Level and/or your mixer channel volumes.

A few quick notes here:

• if you're plugging in the 'Pan Delays' parameters manually, set the delay times to *380ms* and *770ms* (there is a little bug in the Sysex editor that only affects the times displayed in the 2-Tap Delay mode; no worries if you're transferring the Sysex file directly, as it will still send over the correct times)
    • the 'AH Swell A' & 'AH Swell B' presets need a volume pedal, either before your preamp, or in-between the preamp & the Intellifex (just not after—that will kill the effect!)
    • all the presets marked with a " * " in the display name or " (Dyn) " in the filename use dynamics (ducking) of some sort, sometimes delay, sometimes reverb, and sometimes both! Keep this in mind as you tweak these presets, as levels differ from rig-to-rig, and you might have to set the threshold a bit differently.

Enjoy!

2. Leon Todd

Leon Todd Member

I can't wait to try these out, long live the intellifex!

3. flyonthewall150

flyonthewall150 Supporting Member

Got an Intellifex blackface on the way and can’t wait to try these patches. Thanks for your hard work!

4. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

I have an old blackface Intellifex that has something wrong with it. It powers up, but has no signal. Its been like that, for like 15 years, and even though it doesn't work, I can't let it go :D

Anybody know what I can do with it? I can't fix electronics, no tools or knowledge for that.

5. awallace

awallace Member

Looking forward to checking these out, I finally rearranged my music space and have a basic stereo rack set up with an Intellifex providing effects. Hopefully this will encourage me to get some of my other rack stuff out of storage (PCM70, H3000) and start messing about with it again.

AnalogKid85 likes this.
  6. Axisman5150

Axisman5150 Member

I may have to pull mine out of the closet and reconnect with this. Thanks for sharing these!!

7. Dyoung121

Dyoung121 Silver Member Silver Supporting Member

Does anyone have a Tri Chorus Preset I can enter manually?

8. AnalogKid85

AnalogKid85 Member

You'll probably want to try these:

- 3vChorus+Echo 1
    - 3vChorus+Echo 2
    - 5vChorus+Echo

PNG image files are in the zip file! (just click on the Reddit link, it'll take you there)

9. Dyoung121

Dyoung121 Silver Member Silver Supporting Member

Thank
    thank you!

10. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Member

Very cool! New tricks for an old favorite...

Question for the tech-savvy - will loading these in overwrite (or otherwise disable) the factory algorithms/presets? and if I do install the new ones, will it interfere with my existing carefully-tweaked presets?

There are a number of factory presets I never use. Can I install any of these new ones (one at a time) to any memory preset # I choose?

11. Zintolo

Zintolo Member

Thank you very much, I'll try them!

12. lightspeed

lightspeed Member

Thanks for this! Same old story, I bought a blackface for $100 and loaded your patches today. It really brings this thing to life. Even in mono at low volume, using the Pull Me Under patch and a Keeley Dyno My Roto - it sounded HUUUUUUGE like actual stereo. And just like the recording. :banana