• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Rockytop JTM 45

fjam82

Anybody try one of these amps? I was offered one in a trade but I've never heard of the company. The website doesn't have any soundclips or much info either so if anybody has any experience with these amps or feedback I'd appreciate it.

stratasaurus

I owned one for a while and I got to say it was a great amp. Got many positive comments on my tone but ultimately got rid of it in a moment of insanity to get a Vox AC30 which I like, but now wish I had the JTM45 back.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
I owned own and toured with it for a year....A great guitar amp!! wish I still had it..Sold it and bought a Germino Lead 55.....The Rocky Top was a better sounding amp [design] to my ears...[I'm sure Greg Germinos' 45 is nice as well.]...At any rate,this was back before I found the right OD pedals...Now, with a Mosferatu, a Jetter GS Red and the GT-500, that amp would kill...and, like Stratasaurus, in a moment of insanity I sold it....

mrmojorisin

I have one too....its in an oversize purple 2x12 combo can with Heritage G12H-30's and it has power scaling. It is a fantastic amp. I love being able to switch between the JTM45 and plexi settings!

fjam82

I have one too....its in an oversize purple 2x12 combo can with Heritage G12H-30's and it has power scaling. It is a fantastic amp. I love being able to switch between the JTM45 and plexi settings!
when you mean switch between jtm and plexi setting is it just by you changing the eq settings by yourself or is there a switch in the back that changes things internally?

mountain blues

Gold Supporting Member
when you mean switch between jtm and plexi setting is it just by you changing the eq settings by yourself or is there a switch in the back that changes things internally?

He's referring to the newer JTM45/50 model. There is a switch in back to go into either circuit, as well as a tube and SS rectifier switch.

I got one of the newer models earlier this year. It is an excellent amp.

Jrw8214

Does anyone have Jesse's phone number? I had to send my 18 watt head back to him for repairs. That was almost a month ago and i havent heard from him since. He hasnt responded to my emails and there isnt a phone number anywhere on the website.

Jrw8214

Never mind......the amp just arrived! Thats a coincidence if ive ever seen one.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
I have one of his JTM-45 heads. It must be an older one cuz it doesn't have a switch to go back and forth between plexi and jtm45. Not sure the switch is going to really do the whole thing anyway because the output transformer is a huge part of that difference in tone. I am considering putting a 50 or 100 watt output transformer in mine to get more of the bone-rattling '60's Marshall thing but it sounds so good as-is I hate to mess with it...

jw71

I've got one of his JTM45s and I love it. I ordered it new about 2 years ago and it has EL-34's and a SS rectifier. It sounds great, no problems with it yet.

And it's got that all-important tone producing green tolex too!!

bynt

I think that Big Mike had one for a while and loved it. You might be able to pm him and ask. I was thinking of trying to snag his old one a while back (it was on the Emporium) but I couldn't amass the cash.

Singer

This thread is probably dead but, if anyone is out there & can help mw try to gather info on Rocky Top JTM-45's. Just bought a used very clean, one-12 scumback speaker, kt-66's. Any info will be appreciated.

Trending Topics