Roctron's Intellifex can someone answer this? Presets?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Charvel_ strat_81, May 14, 2015.

1. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

I bought a original blackface intellifex on ebay for $100
    and i downloaded the manual BUT it is not matching up with the original
    intellifex, the preset list is different?
    My first preset is called WELCOME and in the manual it is a preset called
    CRS PAN VERB?
    and the remaining preset's do not match up to mine either.
    I did a factory restore and they are still the same as they were?

2. Whalestone

Whalestone Member

Your Intellifex seems to contain what is known as the Utopia presets.
    Other presets can be downloaded from the Rocktron site;
    http://www.rocktron.com/patchbay---intellifex.html

3. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

:beer thanks!! so mine is a very early intellifex right?

4. Whalestone

Whalestone Member

Although an original Intellifex, I believe the Utopia presets indicate that it is not one of the very earliest;
    "Our new Intellifex-LTD offers the exact sonic specs as the original, but at a drastically reduced price. We've even beefed up the chassis construction, reinstituted the original presets (which appeared on the market only briefly) and gave it a new look."

5. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

Man rocktron is confusing the hell out of me! :bonk :rotflmao
    how many variances were there!

6. AnalogKid85

AnalogKid85 Member

I'm going to be tweaking the Intellifex this weekend--I've come up with some ideas that I think will improve my old ones and I'm anxious to try them! If I do really think they are an improvement, I'll be sure to post them here.

I have about 3 or 4 presets for the Xpression that are pretty decent so far, so I'll be posting those soon as well. Haven't been able to get the sysex working with that one (and it doesn't work with the Intellifex sysex editor), so I'm probably just going to make some kind of spreadsheet template for it that I can use to enter all the presets into. They should all work on the Replifex too!

If anybody has any requests about presets, or if you want me to look at any particular preset from any of the different editions (I have all of them, as Sysex files) and see if I can tweak or make any improvements to them, let me know! Especially if you want to get a "bigger" stereo spread out of them--I've figured out a few ways to do this and they've really paid off.

7. Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson Member

My Intellifex has the utopia pre-sets. But they are just departure points.
    I've edited up and stored my own pre-sets in banks of ten. I would expect that most live players do this?

What I do is for any particular gig, I use ten presets in a single bank.
    I've setup presets 10-19, as my default set.

Then I've got 20-29 for when I run in stereo, two amp heads. I avoid 0-9 because I get an additional preset by jumping up to 10 or higher on my midi control. I use the ancient ADA midi controller, and it's on my pedal board right along the front edge. I have four of the ADA units. Parts donors etc.

I have some what I consider novelty patches stored in 30-39 and alts to my main bank. I am a very simplistic user, never use the harmonizer, and chorus is not my deal at all. So I am plugging along with reverbs and delays generally.

I go from bypass as preset ten, going progressively wetter as the number climbs, short rhythm reverb 11, slap echo 12, little longer reverb 13, sometimes a chorus in 13, then into delays of different lengths and regens, 14-17 and delays with reverb tails 18-19, and so forth.

I like to keep it pretty simple. The intellifex has been my main deal for a bunch of years now, jeez maybe 20 years? How can that be? Because it sounds great and has no latency issues and a darn good analog dry section. I've tried a few alts here and there over the years, but I always come back to my black and blue friend.

8. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

Please do! I heard some of your presets and they kill!

9. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

@ Mark robinson, yeah the INTELIFEX still to this day is a amazing rack:beer
    Even though many consider it "outdated" or "80's tone" I love the rack myself.
    I also really love the replifex as well as yamaha's SPX 90 and 90II

10. RockinRob

RockinRob Member

I still use a blackface intellifex too and have seen no reason at all to update. Analogkid does have some FANTASTIC patches, and I almost exclusively use his presets or slight variations.