Roger Mayer Concord + Treble Booster

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ezyryder, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Ezyryder

Ezyryder Member

Haven't seen too much talk here about this pedal. Anybody have one? I bought one a few years ago based on Marc Ford used one on part of the 2005/06 Crowes tour. Pretty sure its on the Into The Fog DVD. Huge Crowes/Ford fan. But I haven't bonded with this pedal at all. If someone could pass along some recommended settings I'd love to try them out. Otherwise I'm selling it...

2. jgyn

jgyn Member

Never played or even heard one. Is it a Rangemaster type treble boost?

3. Ezyryder

Ezyryder Member

4. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

i had one and thought it was a great pedal, but I had to give it up because of its size. Just too much for my board. To get the most out of it you need to get the tubes cooking in your amp. It's amazing with an amp at the verge of natural distortion, but it is absolutely useless with a clean amp that isn't at the breaking point (more so than most treble boosters).

5. M Hossa

M Hossa Member

It's my favourite treble booster. I have owned/tried many Range Master and Hornby Skewes clones and I love RM C+ the most.
    It doesn't have as much "boost" as some other pedals, but it's treble booster tone coloration is been most impressive so far. It's tone control is very nice and something that other boosters should have too. I hardly ever use the drive knob (cos I use the RM C+ before allready overdriven amp), but it is capable of the most insane distortion I have ever heard...
    I bought that highly praised DAM Red Rooster, and while it is good, I think RM is better for my needs and taste.
    Only thing I miss about RM is a hi-pass filter that is very common for many other treble boosters.
    :)

6. warioblast

warioblast Member

I'm bumping this old thread.

Anymore experiences with it ?