Rogue effects special

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
The pedalboard is useless-it's got a fabric bottom that doesn't lay flat, so the pedals are bouncing around while you try to step on them. The Rogue pedals are really pretty good value, though!

JonW

Looks like an excellent deal to me, with some limitations.

I’m not much of an effects guy. Give me a tuner, an external reverb tank, and I’m happy. So why am I reading this forum? ;)

Anyways, I wanted to get a delay. Might be a nice addition for my clean sound. I thought about going expensive (Strymon, etc.) but that Rogue delay was on sale for $30 and I grabbed one. For my non-gigging purposes, it’s been great. It does everything I want in a delay and I have forgotten about getting a more expensive pedal. Sounds very good and has plenty long enough repeats for me. It’s not going to give you spacey long repeats but most of us don’t do that. The switch works fine so far but feels a little plinky. It’s not as solid of a switch as, say, what you get with MXR or the like. If I were to gig (hopefully, some day) I might want something more robust.

Think about how many of those effects you’ll actually use. Six pedals and a power cord for $100 is very cheap per pedal but most of us would not use all of those pedals. I’m happy with the delay. I think that I’ve read the trem is fine. If one or more additional pedals will get used, it could be a very good deal. If you get them, let us know what you think!

I got this deal a while back...but I think it was for around $50 at Christmas. I picked up the Analog Delay and Tremolo.
The Delay is actually really, really cool. It finds its way on my board pretty often.
The Tremolo is good too, not really anything to write home about though. It's good if you don't have a tremolo already or don't use the effect very often.

I did a demo of the Analog Delay if you're interested in hearing it:

doctorx

The pedalboard is useless-it's got a fabric bottom that doesn't lay flat, so the pedals are bouncing around while you try to step on them. The Rogue pedals are really pretty good value, though!
Exactly. I got this deal a while back for $50, I got the blues pedal and the trem. It also included a power supply.

The blues pedal sucked bigtime, I was lucky to find a mod on the internet to make it usable. Also the footswitch broke the first day I got it. MF sent me another one right away.

I like the trem, but I don't have a lot of experience with pedal trems.

Dr Bob nails the description of the pedalboard, it flops up and down when you step on it. I just use it to transport a few pedals to jam sessions, not as a real pedalboard.

Honestly for a hundred bucks I wouldn't do it.

fahrner

Two fifty dollar pedals for a hundred bucks?
If you got all six for a hundred bucks it might be worth it.

JonW

Two fifty dollar pedals for a hundred bucks?
If you got all six for a hundred bucks it might be worth it.
Good call. I failed the reading comprehension test today. I thought that it was all 6 pedals for $100. OK, for only 2, I say forget it.

THiwaTT

I thought all the pedals came in the deal with the pedalboard and cables as well

for $100 for just two pedals I would pass

XKnight

I have Rogue delay and it's quite good, especially for the price. I have no use for that pedal board/bag so wouldn't be interested in that package deal. I think I paid around $35 for the delay.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Rogue Delay is a PR2399 implementation, well done and sounds pretty good.
Blues Distortion is a Bluesbreaker clone, sorta like a cheap KOT. Really good sounding.
Chorus is CE2, OK.
Trem is TR2, also OK
Compressor? Who knows, who uses one?
The other distortion seemed harsh and unusable.

DustyRhodesJr

Not a good deal, IMO.

The Rogue pedals are on sale regularly for $29.99, and have even
been $19.99 a few times.

Trending Topics