Rogue Guitar Shop not answering...

BadHiwatt

I made an order with Rogue guitar shop with their New Years code online. They took my money a week ago, but not a peep since then. Nobody is answering the phone or returning emails. Anybody else having the same problem?

EDIT: I got an email saying the package is ready to be picked up by FedEx!
EDIT2: FedEx took the package a couple days ago, RGS has seen this message and have been trying to PM me. All is good.

Last edited:

Black_Label

Silver Supporting Member
I made an order with Rogue guitar shop with their New Years code online. They took my money a week ago, but not a peep since then. Nobody is answering the phone or returning emails. Anybody else having the same problem?
Have you checked your spam folder?

jquanmusic

I've got some stuff on order with them now as well. None of it has shipped. One of the items is in stock according to their site, but it hasn't shipped yet. No idea why. They respond to Emails. I'm getting ready to email again. The other order they have up for pre order and claim that the manufacturer has already shipped to them. I just messaged the manufacturer to see if their blowing smoke up my a$$.

I've got some stuff on order with them now as well. None of it has shipped. One of the items is in stock according to their site, but it hasn't shipped yet. No idea why. They respond to Emails. I'm getting ready to email again. The other order they have up for pre order and claim that the manufacturer has already shipped to them. I just messaged the manufacturer to see if their blowing smoke up my a$$.

Amateur hour is 24/7/365 with these guys. I bought a pedal from them (I would have avoided them, but they were one of two US dealers for the brand) on 11/28 which they showed as "in stock" on their website and also showed "in stock QTY4" in a Reverb listing. They did NOT have the pedal in stock and I got a series of emails that were a bit non sensical when I challenged them- e.g. "yes we show the pedals in stock - they will arrive soon". I did not receive my pedal until 12/21 and when it arrived, the pedal was new in box but was over packed in an Amazon box that had been cut into pieces and then heavily retaped into a box like shape.

Last edited:

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
I went through this last year. ordered something, very responsive about items in stock on reverb, but when exchanged for something that was not, they disappeared. very scattered email response with excuses mainly blaming the manufacture. this dragged on for weeks

eventually the product showed up but I had no shipping info before, that, and the box showed up with holes in it.

if it shows in stock I think you are ok, but otherwise pass. I will never order from them again.

Matehead

Been waiting for an order since 11/28... they keep saying next week, next week!!! Not sure what to do now :(

MrFuzzTone

One time took a while to get an order but I did get it.
I have bought several pedals from Rogue. All arrived.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
They always struck me as a few guys running a business out of their parents' house..

Sorry, RGS is closed this week! We're having some bad storms, and Mom wanted to park her car in the garage for safety. Will reopen next week when the storms pass.

Thanks!

Last edited:

SpiritShooter

Silver Supporting Member
Rogue has a very specific and performance based sales and return policy.
Basically, you order and their performance sucks.

Seriously, I have had some good and some bad experiences with them. If you ask questions and get answers in writing then your credit card company can fight for you. If not, chalk it up to experience and move on.

Personally, I do business with them only when absolutely necessary.

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
if you go to their website there is a chat window on the lower right side of the screen
Nate asked me if he could help me right away
I just now asked for the best number to call him
he replied:

nate
you can reach me
it amazes me with all of the technology available today, people still have trouble communicating

lol yeah i called that number before. full mailbox and no answer
i waited three weeks with no answers to a credit return. they don't take returns, only give you credit. never got a invoice, proof of return or confirmation of delivery for the replacement. a week later I would get, "hey was this taken care of?" from Nate via email after I bugged them again. you can imagine the worry for $300 purchases with no reply or trail.

Reverb will protect you, and if its in stock its probably ok, but I'll never order from them again direct and certainly never anything that says preorder.

slipbeer

Gold Supporting Member
Somehow they got in to rotation on my browser so I've been seeing a lot of their ads.

Good to know that I can ignore them.

Bad to know that some of you have gotten really crappy service from them. I'll make sure to avoid them.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
I've never had an issue with them. They were super helpful when I wanted to cancel a couple of pre-ordered Keeley workstations that kept getting delayed and super helpful when I got a defective unit and a defective replacement. I parlayed them into store credit and the pedals I chose got to me in like 2 days.

sonichronic

Silver Supporting Member
ive only done business with them once. it was for a pettyjon iron. surprisingly i got it for 200 bucks. it was sent to me immediately.
although, i have not done business with them since because i have heard this exact same story first hand... not only via TGP.

customer orders pedal that is "in stock", rogue says it isn't "in stock" and it's always the manufacturers fault... I feel bad Buffalo FX shouldn't do business with these guys. it's like one of the only places in the states that steve does biz with and i've heard of so many people trying to order steves pedals that are supposedly "in stock" when it's not they blame steve.

ERGExplorer

Well, according to the news profile they cooperated with two years ago, they bought a building, and did $2,200,000 of sales, so their space can't be that disorganized.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Then again, they also are now the owners of the TMG brand, and engaged in some shadiness wherein a sock puppet for the business was trying to discredit folks here who were complaining or asking questions. I got a brief ban for challenging the sock puppet, quickly reversed upon the truth coming out and the puppet getting the ban hammer.

They also stuck pretty hard by Vertex when the truth of that situation came to light, instead of following the lead of other dealers who were digging into their own pockets to make customers whole after getting scammed by Mason Marangella.

The stories across multiple forums have been constant for years, centering on the themes of falsely claiming that an item is in stock, sending out non-new product for new prices, protracted negotiations to get what one actually paid for, etc. to give several counterexamples, you don't see such stories about PGS, Sweetwater, and so on. For the love of cheeses, you don't even see so many complaints of this nature about Guitar Center, which ought to have more such problems in proportion to its many more locations.

Any of those last three paragraphs alone would make me hesitate to order from a company. Having all three concentrated in one business makes avoiding it a no brainer for me.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom