Roland blues cube artist

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fancychords, Aug 15, 2016.

1. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

Quoted for truth - and this is the way it should be for those wanting this pedal to play out anyways.

breogan likes this.
  2. breogan

breogan Member

I am currently a bedroom guitar hero, so I might just reconsider it!:D:p

3. Caprica

Caprica Member

You might like something more transparent like a Timmy or a blue breaker clone like a snouse black box

4. Jim234

Jim234 Member

So for anyone interested and in the UK I just picked up a Boo Instruments KC Centaur Clone. Its a keeper... pushes the BCA beautiful with a nice transparent tone and clarity, a really good match. Certainly worth checking out...

Its been a struggle to get to this point and I've had some great advice from everyone on here so thank you.

Incidentally just purchased their TS808 clone as well so be interesting to see how that works out...

breogan and TA22GT like this.
  5. fancychords

fancychords Member

I’m using the way huge conspiracy with great results

Jim234 and breogan like this.
  6. Jim234

Jim234 Member

Yes would have gone this route but their out of stock at the moment hence I stumbled on the Boo.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 8:55 AM
  7. breogan

breogan Member

Is good hear that you are finding your tone.

In my case I am really enjoying the OD3. I think it complements the BCA really well.

Jim234 likes this.
  8. Jim234

Jim234 Member

I should check out the OD3, not a pedal you see that often though.

Just to make things slightly more complex I have finally installed the New York Blues Capsule. I have had one since release but enjoyed the stock tones so much I stuck with them live. It was time to try something different though, feels like a new amp...

breogan likes this.
  9. breogan

breogan Member

I should check myself a tone capsule. I hesitate to buy one because they are very expensive, but all indicates that is worth the money.

The OD3 is really nice but I should point out that it does not give a fat bluesy tone, it is more a flat eq with the fried egg distortion in the upper frequencies (in a good way!!). It does this thing of providing a clean articulation under some distortion.

Jim234 likes this.
  10. Jim234

Jim234 Member

They are but when you compare it to as new amp or even a boutique pedal then you can see where I am going with this...

Od3 then I like articulate pedals so its going on the list. No one seems to talk about them much.

11. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

The OD-3 is like a SD-1 but without the bass cut or the mid boost, if that helps.

Jim234 likes this.