Roland Jazz Chorus JC-40

screamingduck

Platinum Supporting Member
Still have my old JC-77, doesn't get a lot of use but you cannot beat the clean chorused tones when the mood strikes!
The distortion sounds okay at low levels but it doesn't sound as good at higher volume levels.
Have had that amp for 20+ years and have no intention of letting it go.

megaboogie

Silver Supporting Member
Can't wait to hear this amp. I think it will sound sweet with the 2x10 config. love the light weight too.

guitarno

Gold Supporting Member
Looks interesting!... Never played on a JC-120, but definitely an iconic amp that has stood the test of time. The stereo inputs for use with the stereo outs of a modeler is a very nice feature. Might be a great small venue / practice amp. I wonder how the sound compares to a pair of FRFR speakers. I’ll have to hear one when they’re out.

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
Awesome. Definitely on my radar. Wonder what direction (if any) this will push the prices of used JC-77's - since it's clearly in that camp.

CA$H FLOW

Silver Supporting Member
If it's anything like the old JC-77 I used at a bar gig last year(backline), it'll be an awesome pedal platform amp. I couldn't believe the great tone I was getting from that amp. I actually considered buying a used one of Kijiji, but didn't end up going through with it.

danel59

It's funny but I always preferred the tones out of the JC-77 ahead of the JC-120 so I am definitely interested in this one especially with the stereo patching in both the front and the effects loop.

Trending Topics