Roland JC-40 - Anyone Try With Headphones?

DarthPug

Hi All, my apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place, or someone has already posted on this. This is my first post and I'm trying to get the hang of it.

I've had a lot of difficulty playing electric guitar at night lately, and am looking for options with a headphone out. I think the Roland JC-40 looks like a lot of fun, and I'm curious if anyone has tried the headphone out and has any thoughts they'd like to share about how it sounds. Roland doesn't advertise it as being a speaker-emulated headphone out, which makes me even more curious how it sounds. If it helps, I'd be using my Sony MDR-7506 headphones.

My only experience with amplifiers with headphone outs comes from having previously owned a Marshall Class 5 (the 1st gen model, without the 1-watt option). I had a hard time finding a sound I liked from the headphone out. There was no speaker emulation, and if I used a drive pedal, I was not happy with the sound - very fizzy if I remember correctly. I was also using the MDR-7506 at that time, too.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

Trending Topics