Roland JC-40

Lamont

Ok ya'll . If you all know mw , im a vintage ,tube amp nut. My amp collection consists of 64 Deluxe Reverb. 64 Vibrolux amp , a cpl 64 deluxe amps ,62 brown super , #1 D-13 RSA 23, Marshall JTM 45 as well as JMP , Lazy J J-20 , Tungsten Creama Wheat ,and a cpl of Rivera Super champs and Blackface Princeton Reverbs,MM RD-50s , You get the picture . BUT i just got the new Roland JC-40 and i can't (well yes i can ) believe how awesome this amp is . Cant stop playing it . Back in the day i used a JC-120 in a funk band for a few yrs . This amp is awesome . $500 .. Just wanted to pass this on ..

lemonpaul59

Ok ya'll . If you all know mw , im a vintage ,tube amp nut. My amp collection consists of 64 Deluxe Reverb. 64 Vibrolux amp , a cpl 64 deluxe amps ,62 brown super , #1 D-13 RSA 23, Marshall JTM 45 as well as JMP , Lazy J J-20 , Tungsten Creama Wheat ,and a cpl of Rivera Super champs and Blackface Princeton Reverbs,MM RD-50s , You get the picture . BUT i just got the new Roland JC-40 and i can't (well yes i can ) believe how awesome this amp is . Cant stop playing it . Back in the day i used a JC-120 in a funk band for a few yrs . This amp is awesome . $500 .. Just wanted to pass this on ..

Bring it over and we'll plug my L5 into it.

tmac

Goldmember
Platinum Supporting Member
how good is the distortion control?

Shredzilla

The distortion is harsh & thin. I didnt expect much there - and it delivered as expected.
IMHO, any $30 dirt pedal will sound superior to this built in distortion.
Not sure why Roland cant provide a usable distortion on the JC's.

On the other hand, the clean, chorus, vib are great.
Still undecided it its worth the $600 price of admission.

M

Member 50900

The distortion is harsh & thin. I didnt expect much there - and it delivered as expected.
IMHO, any $30 dirt pedal will sound superior to this built in distortion.
Not sure why Roland cant provide a usable distortion on the JC's.

On the other hand, the clean, chorus, vib are great.
Still undecided it its worth the $600 price of admission.

What other amps in the $600 range would you consider comparable feature and tone wise? I've looked into an AC10/15, and the BJr. Any others I've not considered? It is a bit steep for an SS, but I just love the sound from what I've heard.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom