Roland Jet Phaser AP.7

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by co-intelpro, Jan 8, 2006.

1. co-intelpro

co-intelpro Member

I just picked one of these up for a steal. I found it in an old ma 'n' pop music store in my home own. I asked for an old fuse cover, went in the back, and there it was. It was sitting in a corner, on the floor, like some old paper weight.

Any opinions on this pedal? I think it sounds interesting...

2. Teahead

Teahead Member

I got one in a trade, but couldn't really get along with the pedal. The fuzz just wasn't my cup of tea, some very cool, classic tones from the fuzz/phaser combination though. I sold mine for almost $500!

3. duende

duende Member

GREAT PEDAL!!! Congrats!!! I'd love to find one of those.

4. gururyan

gururyan Member

Dang it! I have been looking for one for a long time too.

5. co-intelpro

co-intelpro Member

I guess it was in the fix-it bin for years and years. The old guy said it was fixed, and he was right. It worked when I put the two 9v batteries in it. It sounds great, a strange and interesting pedal indeed. I will have to tinker with it for a while. However, I would consider a trade for a Korg Stage Echo SE-500, if anyone is willing. This pedal is uber rare. I always find stuff at this store. Over the past three years, I have found many a curious item...

Gururyan, it would just sicken you how little it cost me...

6. gururyan

gururyan Member

Probably.
    It's ok though, I have a secret shop I go to as well and sometimes I find a gem hidden the with the masses...and for cheap or a steal as well.

7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Cool pedal, although not for every one. Nice example in the pic of Analog Mikes phaser collection in the Pedal Book. It's the sort of thing you could build a signature sound on, or keep for occaisional use, or perhaps (like the Fender Blender) musical tastes will change and it will suddenly be perfect!

8. duende

duende Member

That Korg Stage echo is killer too! Good luck finding a trade!

9. co-intelpro

co-intelpro Member

I used to have one. Like a dumb-ass I sold it. I made about $300 US off of it though. Problem is, I have been regretting it ever since. I loved it. Why did I even think of selling you ask? One word: Mortgage.

10. BassBassBass

BassBassBass Member

I just picked one of these up off of ebay a few days ago, and for anyone that has one, are the levels of volume supposed to change from switching between the 1 and 2 jet options to the 3 and 4 jet options?

11. vintagefan1979

vintagefan1979 Member

Got One of these bad boys for sale on ebay aus. $499(not including postage)!

12. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Member

*weeps bitterly*

I had one back in the 70s. Never used the fuzz part of it, but it makes a great Leslie simulator; the speed footswitch makes it fo from whatever speed setting you have it set to to the fastest speed. I always kept the speed control all the way down and it did Beatles and Frampton-style Leslie guitar rather nicely.

You're not in Oklahoma City, by chance, are you? I really don't remember whatever happened to mine... ;)

13. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

The AP-7 is a cool pedal! Mine seems to be a little busted - when turning the fuzz on, it instantly goes to max fuzz (regardless of how the knob is set). I really should get that one fixed...

14. ChrisFFTA

ChrisFFTA Member

have one and love it. the jet swoosh setting alone is worth the price of admission! :) i quite like the fuzz... wonder what roland fuzz circuit it is??

can get leslie-ish too...

15. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

16. Balok

Balok Member

"Who's that Lady" by The Isely Bros was one of these pedals at work, with a Big Muff for gain IIRC..

17. bobbystahr

bobbystahr Member

here's a quite good, short one

http://youtu.be/4J7Z8BlvmlU