Roland.

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by rsm, May 21, 2015.

1. rsm

rsm Member

I'd rather not post details, but I wanted to give kudos to Roland customer support. Big thank you to a big company that takes care of the little guys not just the mega stars.

Special shout-out to Zirka! for going above and beyond my expectations, after my rather snarky email. thank you! You ROCK!

This is something I will never forget. And, it keeps Roland/Boss at the top of my list if I ever need something. Just sayin'

Thanks!

:D

BetterMeThanYou likes this.
  2. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

I was hoping this would be a tribute thread to Big Black's legendary drummer.

willc68 likes this.
  3. BetterMeThanYou

BetterMeThanYou Member

4. Randy

Randy Member

I hear you very well. He has not forgotten the face of his father... ;)

5. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

6. loudboy

loudboy Member

7. thewalkingboss

thewalkingboss Silver Supporting Member

Back to the original topic. I've avoided their pedals later in life because of their steadfast refusal to equip them with true bypass switches, a change which would literally cost them maybe a dollar more, but would allow them to sell them for probably $10 more. I have a string of 15 pedals and just don't want to deal with all of the tone suck that would be associated with that many trips through input impedance.

That said,, one of the bands I play in has a lead player with legendary talent. I play 2nd chair guitar in this band despite playing lead in my other band. He has a board that is just 6 Boss tone suckers, and despite that, his tone is amazing. A lot has to do with how he sets up his amps for serious boosted mids, but it gets the job done. If you can compensate for the input impedance issues of pedals without true bypass, Boss makes some great pedals.

25 years ago, I had the original BE-5. By today's standards, it was limiting, but back then, it was the simple mostly analog answer to the early rack mount stuff that was coming out. Very innovative for the time.

8. loudboy

loudboy Member

One of the best guitarists I ever played with used a TS-9, and a couple of Boss pedals into a Super Reverb.

She used standard length guitar chords between each of them, just piled up... <g>

Some of the best tone I've ever heard.

9. OilsFan

OilsFan Supporting Member

Yep, called them the other day looking for a part for a rack unit made in 1986. They had it. Nuff said.

10. Charles Kirby

Charles Kirby Member

I've avoided their pedals later in life because of their steadfast refusal to equip them with true bypass switches[​IMG]

11. BlackT-Shirt

BlackT-Shirt Member

I thought this would be about the headless Thompson gunner.

12. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I, on the other hand, will select the buffered option almost every time.