• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Rolling amp cases?

vintage66

Gator has a couple models, the plastic “roto” and a nylon and wood model, SKB has one but it’s pricey. Don’t want a flight case because that and my amp would weigh 80 pounds. The plastic Gator is the cheapest but only fits two of my three combos according to the specs. The Budda is 1” too tall-anyone using it with a SuperDrive 30?

Otherwise I have a luggage cart and a convertible cart similar to a rock and roller cart but more like a hardware store version, heavy and only one side is tall. Tired of lugging 50lb amps with back issues.

woof*

I have mid weight Ata cases for a few of my amps. My Super Reverb has been in one for a couple decades.
I don’t know exactly how much the case weighs but it’s not hard at all to lift into and out of a truck or van. Far far easier to just drop it out of a van, roll into a club..pop the top off and play. I can’t imagine carrying it that distance. They are great investments.

Buck Private

I have mid weight Ata cases for a few of my amps. My Super Reverb has been in one for a couple decades.
I don’t know exactly how much the case weighs but it’s not hard at all to lift into and out of a truck or van. Far far easier to just drop it out of a van, roll into a club..pop the top off and play. I can’t imagine carrying it that distance. They are great investments.
Or...you can save a bunch by building a simple box with a hinged lid that the amp sets on to serve as a wheeled "stand" for a combo.Paint the front with a logo,hang a banner,or cover it with some grille material to disguise it as a cab.At the end of the day you simply flip open the top and slide the amp in,then close it up to keep it safe from dust,spilled beer,etc.

jblake

Gold Supporting Member
Amp cases are a great thing to buy used. I’ve found ATA cases for my PRRI and DRRI for $80-$100. They’re overkill for most things around town, so I only use them when the amps are going into a trailer or being moved around in crappy weather. They also make great amp stands or tables (to keep the beer off of my amp).

Trending Topics