1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Roman Rist Workhorse II -- Freeway Jam

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by GEN DAWG, Feb 4, 2012.

1. GEN DAWG

GEN DAWG Silver Supporting Member

OK, I have less than 1% of Beck's talent, but the guitar sounds good anyway. All tracks are my Roman Rist Workhorse II through an old, heavily modded Traynor YVM-1, run through a Port City Wave 1x12. The only mic used is an Avantone CR-14 ribbon mic. No reverb, delay, anything. Let me know what you think.

2. HoboMan

HoboMan Silver Supporting Member

That was AWSOME!

3. GEN DAWG

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to play.

4. EL 34 X2

EL 34 X2 Member

I really enjoyed that. I think you sounded great. Why not do the whole Blow by Blow album for us? I'd listen.

5. GEN DAWG

Thanks! Maybe I'll work on "She's a Woman" or something else that's not terribly hard from Blow By Blow. Fairly sure that "Scatterbrain" is beyond my reach . . . .

6. whsdhs1

whsdhs1 Supporting Member

Sounds great! I have a Workhorse I recently got from Roman, number 10 of 10. I need to post some pics and a review. He does an amazing job on the necks.

What pups are in yours? I have the single WB in mine.

7. GEN DAWG

Yes, for sure you need to post some pics / review / etc. Mine has a Wolfetone P90 in the bridge, and it has a Thorn GT90 in the neck (which is a stapletop-style).

8. whsdhs1

whsdhs1 Supporting Member

Just put a review up in the small company luthiers section and pics will follow tonight