Romeo Rose compares Axe FX to Line 6 Helix

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by standard24, Jun 18, 2015.

1. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Supporting Member

Seriously, why does anyone care about what this guy says?

2. ArchDukeOfTops

ArchDukeOfTops Member

Romeo Rose missed his calling as a professional wrestling manager. I haven't heard such magic on the mike since the NWA days.

3. BobbyL57

BobbyL57 Member

I suggest an adjustment of his psych meds.

4. theroan

theroan Member

5. guirat

guirat Member

He passed away in 2013.

6. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

Hmm. That would explain it.

7. thirsty one

thirsty one Supporting Member

Yea, he really liked that banana way too much. Kinda creepy!

You sir are correct

8. SteveO

SteveO Member

Videos have been removed... Gee, maybe he wasn't getting the desired responses? :oops:

9. wcfields

wcfields Member

Looks like he has another video up now. Talking about Fractal....and how the owe him? wtf!!?! what is this about? I missed the earlier drama and older videos....

10. SteveO

SteveO Member

He posted a "disclaimer" regarding the earlier videos, quoted because it's just TOO DAMN GOOD to ignore:

"I never posted videos. Cliff did that. Cliff made a hologram of me and used that to make the videos with, Cliff is a former Area 51 employee, Cliff is CRAZY!"

Laimon, pima1234 and Greatdane like this.
  11. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

He's a mental patient with a problem. He's creates a problem, then devotes all energy into destroying everything he has been 'wronged' about.

He's only unusual in his zeal...he has nothing else.

I have not clicked on any of these links after looking at something else he posted. This is what he lives for, so I don't bother adding link counts to him.

And, I suspect, that legal action has been deployed.

EP.

pima1234 likes this.
  12. pima1234

pima1234 Supporting Member

A cease and desist, at the very least.

13. SteveO

SteveO Member

That wouldn't be surprising at all. It's one thing to be a relatively harmless goofball with some "unique" viewpoints, but this whole video series thing has taken it all to a completely different level (and crossed a LOT of lines in the process).

14. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

Very entertaining stuff. Who needs the Large Hadron Collider; just give Cliff a pair of 600mHz TigerSHARCs and he creates his own tonal singularity. It probably is a byproduct of differential DSP, opens a portal into another dimension where everyone owns a Dumble and offset JTM45 (as well as a few bursts). The theory certainly explains why the Fractal gear sounds so good. Maybe he gave Kemper a ride on the saucer too?

15. mattball826

mattball826 Member

Not that I'm a fan of the guy, but why censor them. Many people have posted negative comments and poor video reviews for many similar and other products from major vendors. Tube amp vendors, Line 6, Avid reviews... many are not very pro company/pro product, but they exist. One thing I never got was the same people that are anti censorship, yet want to put a stop to a nutjob posting reviews on a freely based website like youtube.

Can't have it both ways. It's just one persons POV. People already figured that out, and for some reason decided to give it more legs by posting the links here and other forums.

shizzaq likes this.
  16. SteveO

SteveO Member

The problem is that he wasn't reviewing anything, it was all a personal attack against Cliff at Fractal.

pima1234 likes this.
  17. mattball826

mattball826 Member

IDK about that. Most of what I saw was his reaction to the owner of a company and how they do business or relate on a forum. That's not uncommon either. Many clips of product bashing, owner bashing, from phones, to music gear, software developers, etc. It's just youtube and a weirdo making remarks, but if he is/was a an actual customer, then I think it's not cool to censor an opinion. I know Line 6 has their fill of them, so does Digitech and others, and plenty of negative uncensored commentary on their forums as well.

Consumers decide for themselves, just like I do on other MI products reviews, commentary about companies (you should have seen the ones at Cakewalk a few years ago... talk about a slam fest). The only thing mods did there was clean the language. Content and commentary remained. It's part of doing business. Even I give Tim Cook crap about that company when not satisfied. In the end I take crap for it more than anything from fanboys. Similar thing for this dude. I just don't believe in any censoring and appreciate the line to be crossed. Negative views, commentary is part of business every business must deal with. Henry J ring a bell?

18. SteveO

SteveO Member

Well, RR claimed that the videos weren't from him anyway, and that Cliff made a hologram of him and posted the videos. So it isn't censorship in that regard, since the person allegedly being "censored" is denying responsibility for the "censored" material. ;)

Greatdane and pima1234 like this.
  19. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

I've never owned or played an AXFX, but if his amp modeling is even close to his people modeling I'm in.

ChrisVereb likes this.
  20. pima1234

pima1234 Supporting Member

His statements would almost certainly hold up in court as libel and slander.

He is now, in fact, claiming that Fractal Audio owes him something.

Insanity.

Don't feed the troll. He will move on to some other avenue, after gaining absolutely nothing, except youtube hits. But, maybe that's his plan. Of course, if whatever "success" he may achieve comes at the expense of others, he can expect some form of retaliation.

The best thing to do with internet "personalities" like that is to ignore them completely. It serves no purpose other than a huge waste of time and bandwidth.