Ron Kirn strat on the way!

mig-sg

I've got a Ron Kirn strat on the way and figured I'd share the photos as I get them. This is my first custom order and took some time to sort out the final specifications, but Ron's been great with the communication so far.

It's going to be a transparent cobalt blue with a flame maple neck and parchment pickguard. Can't wait!

Here are the photos I've got so far, will post more when I can. Show me some Kirn strat photos to keep me busy while I wait for mine!

B-Nads

Wiping the drool off the keyboard as soon as done typing....BEAUTIFUL, Stash.

Can't open the cobalt pics though...

jiml

Gold Supporting Member
Someday I will own one of his. The step by step process pix he posted on another forum made me a huge fan.

gtwannabe

I recently bought a strat from Ron, and I've been very happy with it. Working with Ron was enjoyable as well. I'm pretty sure that I will be commissioning a Kirn tele in the near future.

whiskypete

Congratulations! I got a s type from Ron and it's easily the best strat style guitar I've ever played. That is one of my few guitars I can't ever see myself parting with. Can't wait to see how he knocks this one out of the park.
Cheers

mig-sg

Yea, really looking forward to this one. Would you have any photos of your Kirn strats that you can share?

MSS

Hey, I bought that Kirn strat from Stashman a few years ago.......great guitar and has a real 3-D thing going with the knot by the jack. Much heavier than I had anticipated but I think that contributes to the great tone.

Ron Kirn

why did you choose ash
any time ya want the grain to be visible.. it's always good to use a lumber that has pronounced grain... alder is a bit flat in that area... with exceptions...

Spent the morning finishing a few routing details... and doing the finish sanding.. I just gave it a coat of sealer...

rk

dead of night

any time ya want the grain to be visible.. it's always good to use a lumber that has pronounced grain... alder is a bit flat in that area... with exceptions...

Spent the morning finishing a few routing details... and doing the finish sanding.. I just gave it a coat of sealer...

rk
Thanks, what about the sound? Do you think there is enough of a tone difference to choose one over the other?

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
beautiful wood.
Personally I think ash sounds way better than alder for a strat, kudos onthe choice.

Ron Kirn

Do you think there is enough of a tone difference to choose one over the other?
Nah.. just enjoy that you can play, 'n do it like it was the last time God was gonna let ya touch a guitar.... it's amazing how such an attitude can smooth out any "bumps" ya might find with your guitar...

When I was introduced to the guitar, 'round the late 50's, back then nothing mattered, as long as ya had a guitar, by the early 60's... if is said Fender or Gibby on the headstock, you was in Hawg Heaven.. it didn't get any better,..

today.. I see guys all in a bunch over stuff that "us kids" wouldn't even have noticed... Alder, Ash?? Tone??? what's that? ;)

rk

mig-sg

I already have an alder/rosewood strat that I like, so I figured I would try ash/maple for my next one

mig-sg

Body's painted, here are some photos. It'll be a couple of weeks til everything gets assembled so I'll put up more photos then

Trending Topics