Ron kirn

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by MrDoty, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MrDoty

MrDoty Supporting Member

Hello kirn owners. I'm thinking about ordering-buying my ultimate fat strat. How do you guys like your axes? Does the quality measure up to the other big guns, suhr,grosh,James Tyler..etc? Also, does he offer stainless steel frets as that's kind of a big selling point for me. Discuss.

2. starjag

starjag Member

Re: SS frets, just send him an email. His customer service is great and he is quick to reply. I would be surprised if he does not offer SS frets.

I have two Teles from Ron. I love them! He is up there with the very very best, no question in my mind about that.

If you know what you want, Ron will deliver.

3. MSS

MSS Member

Great builder, impeccable detail, first-class set-up. Love my Kirn strat.

4. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

I had a great Tele from Ron. Go on you tube and search "allen amp kirn" and you'll find one just like my old one. Wonderful guitar and as noted he's a nice and responsive guy. Here she is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  5. guitarsenal

guitarsenal Silver Supporting Member

Ron is a pleasure to work with. He is a hoot to talk to, his workmanship is incredible and his prices are very reasonable. The set-up, fit and finish rival the best that is out there. My guitar is the one on Ron's website called "N-ville Plus". For the finish, I sent him a picture of my Santa Cruz acoustic and asked him to match the sunburst. He nailed it. Ron recommends Curtis Novak pickups, which you should definitely consider instead of the usual suspects.

6. Stratofuzz

Stratofuzz Supporting Member

He will build any way you want it...BTW love mine.

7. MrDoty

MrDoty Supporting Member

The customization level seems off the charts. Prices are really good as well. I think I'll have to look into it a little more.

8. CS'56

CS'56 Member

It looks like he now offering his own pickups. I'm sure he still will use any pickup the customer wants.

9. Doug

Doug Member

Absolutely. When I worked with Ron on mine he was willing to use whatever I spec'd. He does wind his own if you prefer. I think he has a relationship with Curtis Novak where he can get the pickups pretty quickly. The pickups that are harder to obtain can add to the wait time on the build, as I found out. Don Mare was backed up at the time so I went with the Novaks and wasn't disappionted.

10. cugel

cugel Member

he will do whatever you want. i just let him spec my barnbuster as he pleased and i was not disappointed. i figured he knows best how to get the best from his guitars so i just turned him loose.

11. tdarian

tdarian Gold Supporting Member

You can take our word for it, or you can just call Ron. Many have said that the experience of working with Ron was exceptional, and it was for me too, so I'd call Ron, start discussin, and see where that leads you.

Ron is a heck of a nice guy!

12. SBRocket

SBRocket Gold Supporting Member

Ron is awesome.

SB

13. Ron Kirn

Ron Kirn Gold Supporting Member

I know 'im too... seems like a pretty nice guy.... his shoes are always fulluh saw-dust though... sup wiff dat?

rk

14. tdarian

tdarian Gold Supporting Member

"Magic Dust" in those shoes, Ron!