• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Rondo Music

Telecster

Anyone have or played a SX NGG1 JR 2TS.
They are onle $139.95 at Rondo. I have never
heard any bad stuff about Rondo guitars.
I saw a yellow one on a previous post that good good reviews.
This one is a solid Mahogany body with set neck. Not sure of neck
material other than rosewood fretfretboard.

stormin1155

I've bought a couple of SX guitars, and for what they are, I'm pretty pleased. As long as you go into it expecting to get a $139 guitar you should be happy. They are far better than the cheap guitars that were available back in the '70s and '80s. I got one of their acoustic resonator guitars for $160 and it is really an amazing value. I don't hesiate at all to take that to gigs. A few rough edges, but plays well and sounds amazingly good. I also have one of their GG1 (LP jr knockoffs) that I got for $70 b-stock. Good solid wood, plays good, sounds good, edgy,snarly p-90s. The hardware is cheap but servicable, the only thing I really dislike about it is the gooped on poly finish. Makes a great slide guitar.

VA_siCkBoy

Silver Supporting Member
I bought the SX SJM after reading an article in GP Magazine. It's a fun guitar. I like to use it for slide and blues stuff. It's a real good guitar for $139.

h_double

I bought an SX bass a few years ago for ~$120. The stock hardware was mediocre at best, but the neck played really nicely, and once I'd swapped out the pickups and bridge (and restrung it), ended up with an instrument I'm really happy with.

The Agile line is is their higher-end stuff and I know a lot of people who are big fans, though I've never played one myself.

Another plus is that Kurt, who runs Rondo, seems like a really good guy and is really responsive if you have any questions or problems.

carnivore

I have a $199 Agile 630 from Rondo. Nothing bad to say except I need more. The guitar was extremely playable as shipped. Since I had it I've re-wired the electronics new pots/cap/switch. Replaced the pickups with DiMarzio Area T's. Reshaped the headstock and installed Glendale compensated brass saddles.

Now it's one of the best sounding and playing guitars I've ever owned. I guess I have around $400 in the piece now with the mods but still way under the price of a MIM Tele.

uke

I just sent back an Agile AD 201 with the 2 P90s in it. Really wasn't bad at all overall, not very lively but acceptable, the weight was just too much for me at 9.5 lbs, it was advertised at 8 lbs. I'm thinking it wouldn't take much more money for Agile to use better tone woods, if they did they'd have a killer guitar, comparable to the best.

CitizenCain

Anyone know if the Agile Les Pauls parts are interchangable with Epiphone parts (i.e. bridge and stop bar piece specifically) I would figure that they are both metric so should fit, but you never know. has anyone experimented with changing hardware on an Agile?
geekocaster, no problem swapping Epi and Agile parts. They're the same sizes.

My Agile LP is a great playing guitar. I got it used with frets leveled, upgraded pickups and a hardshell case for $250 and nothing 3x the price can touch it!

sinner

Got this Agile Harm about 3 weeks ago from Rondo:

Set Neck, Binding, Ebony fretboard, Grover Tuners, perfect fit and finish--unheard of at this price point ($339).

Next, I'd like to try the Agile Acoustic-Electric Bass.

Bleak

Agiles are pretty well known for their 7 strings too, if that's your cup 'o' tea.
I've yet to try one out, but as much as I hear about them, I'm curious to do so.

Telecster

As soon as the GG1 JR natural is in stock I'm gonna get one. The Mahogany neck and body are worth $139. May be new bridge, tuners pups. Could be a real sweet JR for not much money. Just waiting on that email from Kurt.

soulohio

GG1 JR natural
I got one and it is fantastic....plays like a PRS and the pickups are great....i dunno if that is real mahogany but whatever it is- it works.

everyone that posted pics...fine axes indeed.

Trending Topics