RondoMusic Pedal-Cases

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Crankston Shnord, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Crankston Shnord

Crankston Shnord Active Member

Are these any good? I'm a bit skittish about buying a case I can't examine first, but I've heard good things about the other stuff that Rondo sells, and they appear to be fairly solid. Anyone had experience with these cases?

Thanks!!

:rockin

2. guitargod2u

guitargod2u Member

mine just came about 30 minutes ago seems sturdy enough for my basement use we'll see once i get my pedals hooked up how it feels.

3. guitkrazy

guitkrazy Member

Totally solid & durable! I bought one a couple of years ago for my gigging pdlboard and it is still great- definately worth it!

4. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I like mine. I bought it before they had all the size options. The only drawback is that the material is slowly starting to come up, but it still holds the pedals fine so far....

I am considering picking up one of those douglas guitar case sized guitar stands, but still looking for more reviews on that before I spring for it.

5. Trego

Trego Member

they're okay.

I have the 4100. I'd prefer real diamond treadplate.

6. Ros

Ros Silver Supporting Member

I have one and for the money they're not bad. The material will pull up very easily and the hinges are made of fairly soft metal and will bend easily. The metal cases scratch up very easily (very easy to get that relic look by only taking it to a few gigs) and they're pretty light. I used mine for about a year before I upgraded to a powered board.

-R.

7. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I've had two of them. One was wood with some kind of contact paper that made it look like it was made of metal. It was pretty bad. The one I have now is actually made of metal, aluminum I think, and it's pretty good.

8. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

I had one for a while and it did the job for light gigging. Definitely not real metal, and it will ding and bang up easily. The board material underneath takes and holds velcro and other types of real carpet very well.

9. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

I bought one of their cheaper ones... I sent it back the same day it arrived.

10. Crankston Shnord

I just need something light duty, more to keep my wires in line than anything else. Sounds like this is the one fore me!! Thanks for all the great info guys!!

11. seisxseisxseis

seisxseisxseis Member

Not bad. All the posts above me touch on the complaints. I had to replace the fabric with some cheap carpet runner, but otherwise it was fine. The hinges will bend if you rip the lid off like the Hulk every time you use it. It will get the job done, just don't expect it to stand up if you like to play frisbee with your cases. I ditched mine in favor of a home made board and a suitcase just because I didn't like how everything sat in the Rondo. Good deal for the money.

12. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

I have one it does the job.

13. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

I used to own one. Was thrown in the back of my trunk and dropped off stages several times. It does the job and can protect your pedals in those circumstances. I'd never use it if i'm flying or even in a tour bus for that matter -- not sturdy enough for that. But if you just need some degree of protection from your house to the gig, this can do it. Hinges and latches were pretty sturdy too so I never second guessed those aspects of the case. The velcro carpet in the case is decent but will start to pull away if you add/remove pedals a lot.

14. Crankston Shnord

Honestly I only have to transport my pedals once or twice a week under most circumstances. And I don't have much money to spend. Sounds like rondo is the boy for me until I decide to invest in something sturdier!!

15. MG90

MG90 Member

If you don't have much money buy a used suitcase at a garage sale or a used store.

$5.

16. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

OK for the price. If you can find a piece of outdoor carpet to glue in it will help. The fabric in there will fail soon.

17. Crankston Shnord

LOL. I said not much, not "0" :) Good idea though.......I imagine a decent suitcase with some carpet in it might do nicely!!

On my list!!