Sold Ronin PalusMourn w/ Foilbucker

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by dsigman, Dec 7, 2016.

1. dsigman

dsigman Gold Supporting Member

Hi all,

I am looking to let go of a few fantastic guitars that I just have too much cash into and need to some liquidation.

This is one of only a few PalusMourns with Foilbuckers that I have seen. The foilbuckers were updated to the higher output versions as well which sound great.

This guitar can do all of the things a great Les Paul style guitar can do if you push the tone pots back a bit or can do more transparent chimey tones if you turn them up. You can get a ton of incredible tones from this guitar.

I put a Duesenberg Tremola on it which only makes it even better but, in the process of installing it I made a small indent in the top with one of the screws under the spring. Definitely my fault but, that is the only mark on the guitar. I will let you choose if you want the Duesenberg Tremolo like the one here for an extra $100 -

[​IMG]

and it comes with this adapter -
    [​IMG]

Here are the details from the original ad -
    Recently purchased new from Jim @ Prime Guitars (Ronin Dealer) and virtually unplayed, like new condition. Another upcoming Ronin purchase motivates the sale of this PaulMourn.

As fine a boutique single-cut as I have played or seen: Supremely resonant, loads of vintage redwood vibe and tone, and the most thinly applied lacquer that just hugs the wood grain...

Comes with all original paperwork and Reunion Blues gig-bag as per Ronin. One little perk: When I purchased the guitar from Jim, he sent it directly to the Ronin team who insisted I upgrade the earlier version gold foil pickups with their latest spec gold-foils - super nice folks. Nothing but lush, majestic, articulate tone from this bespoke instrument!

Specs:
    • Roninbucker Gold Foil Pickups
    • Controls: 2 Vol & 2 Tone w/ 3 Way Switch
    • Pigtail® Bridge & Tailpiece
    • Hipshot Tuners
    • Hand Made Bone Nut
    • Hand Made Pickguard
    • Neck and Body Binding
    • 100% Pure Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
    • Reunion Blues Continental Gig Bag
    • Hand Written & Wax Sealed Certificate of Authenticity
    • Weight: 7lbs. 7oz.
    EDIT: Updated Neck Specs:

Had a couple of questions on the neck dimensions. It is very much in the same camp as my 2007 Murphy R9 in terms of feel and size. Caliper measurements are .90" at the first fret and 1.0" at the 12th fret. on the larger size of what I'd call a medium C shape. But not an R8 baseball bat, nor a slim R0 shape. 1.687" nut size. Hope this helps!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I might consider partial trades for a Suhr Modern, Kauer Dayligher or Starliner, PRS DGT or 594, possibly something semi hollow with a decent size neck. I might consider a super strat if it has a decent sized neck on it. Let me know what you might be looking to trade and I will consider it.

Otherwise $OLD Shipped and Paypal takes this home. Would look great under anyone's tree.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Gnash, enharmonic and Jaya like this.
  2. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Supporting Member

We must have similar tastes because you bought the two Ronins that visually appealed to me the most...

3. dsigman

dsigman Gold Supporting Member

I had a Mirari too. The incredible thing is they all have their own sound for the most part too since each pretty much has pickups that were designed for the guitar. I just can't afford to have so much into guitars for now.