Ronnie Wood

Rumble

Instrumental Rocker
Silver Supporting Member
Probably be quite interesting. His English brethren Status Quo immortalized him in song (Be an all night loon like a Ronnie Wood):

Franktone

I saw Ronnie Wood with the Faces (Rod Stewart) at Maple Leaf Gardens right around 1973 or 74.
I learned a lot from Ronnie that night. He mostly played rythm guitar and very few solos and I realized that I was watching a really really good rock band despite the lack of lead solos. An incredible band that was.

WordMan

Silver Supporting Member
I hope this is most excellent! Such a huge fan, and Woody’s been involved in so many important groups. I read his autobiography, and unfortunately it didn’t hold up to Keith’s or Rod Stewart’s. Keef’s was more excavation, and Rod’s was just one long, fun story from a seasoned storyteller. Ronnie’s was a bit flat, which is clearly impossible ;). I get the impression Ronnie’s a much better mate than he is a self-explorer. I hope this doc captures more of his bandmate-ness and his “exploit any pocket” work on guitar and bass.

teleman1

Supporting Member
His best role? Bass player for Jeff Beck. And his guitar playing on the Every picture album.

Trending Topics