Rotary pedal: small, great sounds, switchable speeds

briggleman

Old thread, however, after my search and owning the Fender Pinwheel, Mod Core Nux, Keeley Roto Sonic, Danelectro Big Spender, and both the HX Effects and Stomp, the Big Spender made it to the board. Mostly for the lush chorus effect (which is different) that it gives. No hard metal stuff here, just note articulation and big chords. Love it. If you can find it now, go for it.

Dave B

Exit... Dual Stage Left
Gold Supporting Member
Well, found a used Lex at a good price and will pick it up tomorrow. And waiting for a Ventura Vibe I bought online...curious how the shootout will end...
Well, @AndreasG , still waiting for that shootout / rpt.

{ Guilty admission: I have a Ventura Vibe, and have been eyeing up a Lex. }

Maguchi

The title says it all, except that it also has to be powered daisy-chained with a OneSpot
so far I just found the Digitech Ventura Vibe
the Keeley DynoMyRoto doesn‘t seem to have ramping speed
For the bigger ones I was looking atbtne Strymon Lex but heard it has some problems with daisy chain powering.
The Tech 21 RotoChoir seems nice, th EHX LesterK sounds less than stellar on YT videos
Any inputs or should I just stick to my Phase 90 to fake rotary-like spunds?
Another "affordable" and "portable" option. Not trying to be sarcastic, but I've used this on live gigs. All you need is a hand cart.

Leslie.jpg
LeslieCab.jpg
LeslieG27.jpg

AndreasG

Well, @AndreasG , still waiting for that shootout / rpt.

{ Guilty admission: I have a Ventura Vibe, and have been eyeing up a Lex. }
Like all things change, I don‘t use rotary anymore. That said, the Lex was really very nice and sounded very authentic to my ears. It has the problem with daisychaining, so I powwered the board with a proper Truetone CS6 and was perfect. Tha Ventura sounds great as well, is smaller, but doesn‚t have the switch for the ramp, but you need to keep stepping on the switch for ramping up, and might be a little harder to adjust on the fly. If you have the space and the cash, I would go for the Lex, if rotary is just something you use every once in a while the Ventura does a great job. But you have to overcome the grafics of the Ventura…either you love it or hate it….

killer blues

The title says it all, except that it also has to be powered daisy-chained with a OneSpot
so far I just found the Digitech Ventura Vibe
the Keeley DynoMyRoto doesn‘t seem to have ramping speed
For the bigger ones I was looking atbtne Strymon Lex but heard it has some problems with daisy chain powering.
The Tech 21 RotoChoir seems nice, th EHX LesterK sounds less than stellar on YT videos
Any inputs or should I just stick to my Phase 90 to fake rotary-like spunds?
boss ce5 is a great faux rotary.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom