• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Roy Buchanan Bluesmaster

Vendelcrow

I got GAS.

I have been offered a FritzBros Roy Buchanan Bluesmaster from a Japanese collegue (I live in Sweden), but I don't know much about the guitar. I have visited the FritzBros website to read up a bit, but I have never heard or played one.
George Harrison & Gary Moore have been using them, and Roy B was a partner when FritzBros started in 1988, so they must be something special. I have never been a fan of EMG pup's, but maybee it's time to reconsider.

Any input on the Bluesmaster from someone who has played one is greatly appreciated, and if you own one it's even better.

Regards
Vendelcrow

The guitar...

mockoman

That looks just like the one Harrison used on his tour in Japan with Clapton. Check out the Live In Japan album...he's playing thru a Bassman RI & tubescreamer.

Boomdoggy

Silver Supporting Member
I remember wanting one of those real bad years ago.I know I would take a chance.

Marty s Horne

My understanding is that they are excellent guitars with very good build quality. I'm not big on EMGs either but if I found one for a good price, I'd get it. Pickups can always be changed.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
The original guitars were made right here in Mobile.

I've played them---they sound and feel great. Roger also made some without EMGs and they sounded great, too. His aluminum nut is really different and nice.

Roger worked and played here for years in a band called the Penetrators. Blues/rock/R&B band that was incredible. Roger's wife could sing like Aretha and he was a superb guitar player with wonderful tone. Great on the slide as well.

He moved and went to work for Gibson acoustics for a while, I think.

OldSchool

Vendelcrow said:
I got GAS.

I have been offered a FritzBros Roy Buchanan Bluesmaster from a Japanese collegue (I live in Sweden), but I don't know much about the guitar. I have visited the FritzBros website to read up a bit, but I have never heard or played one.
George Harrison & Gary Moore have been using them, and Roy B was a partner when FritzBros started in 1988, so they must be something special. I have never been a fan of EMG pup's, but maybee it's time to reconsider.

Any input on the Bluesmaster from someone who has played one is greatly appreciated, and if you own one it's even better.

Regards
Vendelcrow

The guitar...

Don't let your buddy advertise it here...........be gone in a second. :AOK

Trending Topics