1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Roy Buchanan (PBS)

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by mifar55, Feb 12, 2012.

1. mifar55

mifar55 Supporting Member

This content of Roy Buchanan on the PBS documentary might have posted before but, since I watched it last night, I thought I would post my thoughts. I'm not a new fan of his, I've been blown away by his playing for a long time. Last night I saw a man that "owned" the Telecaster (and yes, I'm also a fan of Danny Gatton, Arlen Roth and over looked Tom Principato) but, damn the man could play. I loved Buddy miles song "Them Changes". I think even Jimi would have taken another listen.

A fitting tribute by Gary Moore. May you both RIP

2. jimmyj

jimmyj Member

Yep, that's testifying. Roy ..:dude

3. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

I wish PBS would find that original 1970 Roy special and put it out on DVD!
    That was the shi$.

4. jimmyj

jimmyj Member

On this same show did they also have the clip of Roy playing "Misty" for Mundell Lowe? Great show.

5. Radspin

Radspin Member

Yes, the "Misty" clip is on that special.

6. sixty2strat

sixty2strat Member

yeah the run the celtic **** this and that and the blind singer or hit man foster crap every pledge season 1/2 a dozen times. Now if the showed this or the Floyd on San Fan pbs from 1970 i'd kick in some money.

7. mifar55

mifar55 Supporting Member

To be honest, I have Apple TV on my main t.v. and, got it through You-Tube.