• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Royal Blood?

The Captain

Yeah, I bought Blood Hands after hearing it in the outro of Insurgent. I think it's pretty cool. I was just looking at that album on iTunes. I'll prolly get it.

thecornman

Picked up their CD a while ago and love it! Hard to believe there is no guitar behind some of those riffs. This is a band that proves there is still good music being made today.

Reactions: YYZ

YYZ

I agree and while the riffs might not rise to level of TGP approved complexity, the manner in which he arrives at his sound is undeniably innovative and inspires hope in the future of rock guitar, er, bass.

eddie famine

I read somewhere that I can't find now, that Jimmy Page wants to record with them. It would be a great fit.

guitz

how does he get the bass to have that much guitar sound? signal splitter into seperate signal paths then an octave up for the guitar sound? If that's how he does it, I never would have guessed an electronically induced octave up note on a bass guitar could sound that guitarlike with that thick , pro-sounding crunch that I hear...very authentic.

fishlog

Silver Supporting Member
Question for you guys...

These duo type bands, the white strips early black keys etc, I could never listen to an entire album from start to finish. It just gets reapedative. While I actually love both of these bands I tend to listen to a couple tunes here and there and say cool and on to the next thing. So my question is does this album feel or get that way?

Is it just riff after riff? Are there any other textures going on like what the black keys have been doing on their last few albums?

Of course as I type this I'm telling myself just go to you tube and find out for yourself dumbly.

YYZ

Yeah, dummy. What are you waiting for? Seriously though, I would like to hear your opinions. Probably different interpretations and tolerances for everyone. I tend to focus on one song for a while and then move to the next one, and then take in the album as a whole over the course of multiple listens. I was just turned onto these guys the other day, so I'm on a couple song rotation right now but I know the whole catalog sounded really good first time through.

BigAl

Just saw them open for Foo Fighters & they killed it. Great rock band
Yes, last Wednesday at Citi Field opening for the Foos and they sounded great! I had not heard of them prior to the show. Great riffs and they sounded HUGE! We were sitting in the nosebleeds and did not realize he was playing bass until reading up after the concert. Just picked up the record over the weekend and looking forward to listening to it this week.

The Captain

LIstening to the whole album for the first time right now. I was a bit slack the other day, went looking for new music but listened through laptop speakers. Yrrrchhhh !!!

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
They pretty much slay White Stripes as far as sounding like a complete band.
Kind a funny to listen to them without knowing how many people are in the band.
Good sounding basic rock music is pretty damn simple.

Trending Topics