RP500 upgrades: What would you like?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by sabasgr68, Apr 7, 2015.

1. sabasgr68

sabasgr68 Member

Hi everyone... I´ve just joined this forum today -and introduced myself already in the "Introductions" section-

I´m about to buy a RP500; I´ve researched extensively all I could on the internet, forums, youtube, Digitech´s web page, etc. etc.., compared it to "the competition" in its price range, and definitely it has most of the things I want/need, so the RP500 is my choice.

I would like to hear what you folks who own/owned one would like to see added in the next generation RP500 -this is, if there would be one, but let´s say a new RP500 is on its way-.

Now, even though I haven´t tried one myself, I have a short list of wanted features I think would be nice to have:

* I´d would like to have a foot-switcheable button to switch from pedalboard/stomp mode instead of a button (thinking in a live performing situation).
    * A built-in digital recorder, like in the old GNX units...
    * A drum machine or rhythm machine.
    * The humbucker-to-single pickup and viceversa feature.
    * More guitar-to-bass presets as in the RP360
    * A minimum of 40 seconds looper
    * Use more than one pedal/effect of the same category

What is your wish list for the RP500? What would you drop out? People who have/had one sure have more specific things to suggest based on their experience. I would like to hear them....

Note: despite the things I´d like it to have, I like this pedalboard a lot; I think it´s a powerful feature-loaded unit for its price.

Thanks!

Sabas.

2. habanaerosmith

habanaerosmith Member

Just off the top of my head:

Better looper functionality
    Flexible effect routing
    global tap tempo
    better display

3. huutevar

huutevar Member

More than one effect per category;
    Mix and volume for every effect;
    Some exotic effects. I think the RPs do meat-and-potato effects pretty well but they aren't really that capable of crazy or ambient effects.

Also, a time estimate for the RP500 replacement's release :).

4. Will Chen

Will Chen Member

To be honest, it being discontinued and replaced with an effects only unit with a focus on all the incredible Digitech only effects (Whammy, Time Bender, JamMan, Space Station, etc), effects loop for 4CM, and up to 10 FX in any order with multiple instances with a street price under $400. Would absolutely kick boo-tay...

5. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Member

Yea, this is a long shot if I ever saw one... why not ask for a few more amp sims. 99% sure we wont see anything for the RP500

6. huutevar

huutevar Member

That would be cool!

7. kiki_90291

kiki_90291 Member

Power switch, global eq and loadable IRs.

:rotflmao

8. TFC

TFC Member

I re-wired an RP500 I had so that the Tap Tempo button did exactly this. It was very useful. A Google search may turn up the thread (not this forum) that had some photos/instructions.

9. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

More parameters assignable to tap tempo, and divisions of tap tempo. More out there filter and mod effects. Any effect in any order.

10. neoprimitive

neoprimitive Member

I love my rp500. it be great to have some of these features mentioned in this thread. but I'm not going to hold my breath or expect anything. honestly, I'm perfectly happy with it the way it is. I paid $100 for it used off Craigslist and it was in perfect condition in the box. I really can't ask for more, and I haven't even tapped its full potential yet. but I wouldnt complain of they released an rp600 with all the bells and whistles. :)

11. rscott24

rscott24 Member

Mark IIC+ Lead Channel, why is nobody doing this

12. sabasgr68

sabasgr68 Member

Well... looks like I fell short on my list of wanted things... you guys aked for a lot more.. Of course, you know the unit, I don´t. It´s interesting. Though I must say that, as it comes, it does a LOT for such a relatively low price; I still want one.

TFC: Thanks for the input; i´ll search for it. I thought of doing something like that, but didn´t know if doing so could fry a circuit or something...

Thanks all...

Sabas

13. sabasgr68

sabasgr68 Member

TFC: Found your thread and photos. Great idea!.

Now, If I would not want to loose the tap tempo feature, I suppose I can run two leads as you did from the pedalboard mode switch, but instead going to to a new switch placed somewhere in the unit; I know it would involved drilling a hole or something, but I guess it can be done. Or I can even drill a very small hole at the back and run the two leads to a small box with a switch and fix it with some screws to the left side of the unit.

It will make the RP500 a little bit wider, but in my case, I can live with that. I only play at home.

thanks again!!

Sabas.

14. TFC

TFC Member

A new/external switch would probably be easier work than rewiring the tap tempo switch. I had a tough time disconnecting the existing connections from the TT switch and soldering the new wires. Good luck if you give it a try.

15. sabasgr68

sabasgr68 Member

This is a very good, important and valuable info! I´ll try with a new switch, decision made!

Thanks!