RRR's for $400 on Ebay? Geesh!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Radiosdead, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Radiosdead

Radiosdead Member

Just because its the last batch??? The dealer is selling them for $400 a pop??? Wow that just seems kinda wrong....especially from a dealer yeah? no? I didn't even know he's going to make these into a smaller box and standardize the graphics or something...Maybe I'll sell my big one after all his are gone for $500! haha! Nah....I'll just keep it. :)

2. Super Locrian

Super Locrian Member

"The right price is what the customer is willing to pay"

3. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Supporting Member

4. yellowecho

yellowecho Member

dr.scientist radical red reverberator.

$400? PM me and we can work something out ;)

5. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Jeez. I love mine but I don't use reverb very often and have been pondering selling it. Now I'm REALLY pondering selling it.

6. aaronweits

aaronweits Member

I loved it when I had one, but man that is expensive.

Granted... they are the most stylin' reverb pedals you can get.

I had a TV color test bars graphic.

7. waters

waters Member

Sell it then buy the new smaller version that will be out in Jan or Feb and then pocket a cool 200 bucks. :)

8. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

FYI Ryan (the Dr. himself) posted this over on HC when somebody pointed this out-

"Hey guys,

Just for the record, we didn't know they were planning on doing this... I'm thinking I shouldn't have mentioned they were the last batch of RRRs maybe. *smacks forehead* We charged them the same cost price as every store and the MSRP is $275... I don't like that kind of thing, we'd have wanted the last ones to be the same price as usual.. seeing that makes us feel weird.

It's not the last of the hand finished Reverberators either, it's just a break for a few months while I add some tricks to the circuit, then they'll be available again. (And way less than that eBay price.)

-Ryan
    (ryan@drscientist.ca if you have any questions or just want to chat about stuff, cool tv shows, ufos, whatever.)"

Sucks that the retailer is doing this but I just figured it was worth passing along that this was news to him just the same as it was to us :bitch

9. andrewface

andrewface Member

why arent they making them anymore? too expensive with something like a spring chicken can take care of reverb for a half the price?

10. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

They are releasing a smaller version of the current RRR, it's supposed to have the same features, just a smaller enclosure. Then they are going to update the 'Big RRR' with spring, and maybe treble/bass controls.

That's just what I've gathered from info over at the Dr. Scientist subforum at ilovefuzz.com

11. magnus02

magnus02 Member

hmmm???? they aren't really competition since the current RRR doesn't do spring reverb but has 9 or so others and a lot more versatility

12. lv

lv Supporting Member

New ones will be better, this is just someone looking to make some money. Hopefully Dr. Scientist won't continue their dealer relationship with this gouger.

I've done some biz with pedal plus effects warehouse, won't ever again.

13. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

I love my RRR, but I have thought about selling it because it doesn't have a spring setting.

14. brianf

brianf Member

15. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Well, I'm not selling mine. It's one of those pedals I'd regret selling even if it doesn't have a permanent place on my board. The plate reverb is insaaaaane.
    :)

16. yellowecho

yellowecho Member

i think what i like best about my RRR is that i don't ever think about it.

i keep it on all the time. when i turn it off, i always wonder where my tone went.
    with other reverbs, i fiddled a lot and always knew they were there. no bueno.
    a smaller enclosure would be cool i guess, but i rather like the horizontal knob layout and love my graphic. no sell.

17. Blakemore Effects

Blakemore Effects Member

Yeah, I pointed it out over there, and Ryan said that. Funny thing is, I e-mailed the dealer and explained this to them, that it wasn't discontinued or anything, and that $400 was ridiculous, and they agreed to let me buy a new one for $279 haha. So apparently they know $400 is too much. You just have to call 'em out it looks like.

18. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

:facepalm

that is hilarious/terrible

"sure, we'll follow the rules if you call us on it, but c'mon, there are suckers to be gouged! can't blame us for tryin!"

:facepalm

19. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

Mine is a Miroreverb and there is only one in the world , ehheheheh.

I have to say i will support Dr Scientist since they are the coolest guys to deal with and also have a great product/s

20. Blakemore Effects

Blakemore Effects Member

I'm still hoping they let me pick out the graphics for mine. They said there are 8 left, and damn it, I want to be able to pick which one I get haha.