• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

RS 'aged' kits

Tommy Tourbus

i have an 'aged' kit in my lp. it looks like the aging process is some sort of black soot-like stuff rubbed onto the pots. Anything to worry about here down the line? will this stuff corrode into the pots?

CopperTop

Pardon Me, but why would anyone want "aged" pots? You would never see them? Except when you put them in or take off the control cavity cover.

I guess if it was truly an "old" guitar to keep it "original looking" but...?

Tommy Tourbus

i agree, it's goofy. it was the only option though when I bought this particular kit from them. i even asked for it 'non-aged' and they said no :huh

after getting it i was a little perplexed at the 'soot' rubbed onto the contacts. i'm just wondering if this will be an issue down the road. thoughts?

CopperTop

Almost sounds like Gibsons "V.O.S" finish. What kit did you order? Were they out of stock on the non-aged kits?

CopperTop

ahh i see. I am sure if you contact Roy at RS he should be able to help you out, but I don't think he would use an aging process which would cause corrosion or other damage to the pot or your gitfiddle.

Trending Topics