RSA 31 on Leno tonight

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by sinasl1, Sep 30, 2005.

1. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Hey guys, I'm performing the Queen classic "Bohemian Rhapsody" on the Tonight Show this evening (friday)...

Using Fred's wonderful RSA 31 and a Divided By 13 2-12" open back with blues!

It sounds stellar.

The other guitarist, Oliver Lieber, is playing the main solo, etc, and he's using an old coppertop AC30... it sounds great as well. Check it out if you are up!

2. straticus

straticus Member

I'm setting my Tivo now.:)

3. RichSZ

RichSZ Member

Awesome! I still think about that amp (sold it few weeks back). Talk about nailing that Brian May tone.

What kick ass Vox tones that amp has. Personally I liked the TMB channel cranked up a little better than the click channel. It just had that roar to it. I also though the Keeley Java Boost was a great pedal to send it into that Queen tone. I had my /13 cab loaded with Blues. In fact, I still use the Blues with my FTR 37. What a great match.

Are you using a treble boost at all (convince Oliver you need to do the solo!)? Curious as to what channel settings you are using.

I was really torn on whether to sell it, but needed to finance a nice strat (bought the EJ strat..very nice) and a JTM 45 style amp (new Germino C45 incoming!!!)

I'll definatley be watching. Good luck!!!

-Rich

4. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

I'm using a Greg Fryer Treble Boost +... which rules Oliver is using one as well... I have other treble boosters (the TMB, the Dyna Ranger) but this thing NAILS the Brian May thing.

The 31 is just awesome.

5. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

thanks sinasl1 I will ne tuning in to see you!!!! thanks fir the heads up on your performance, รท 13 31 is ln da house! :dude

What's nailing Brian tones???

Greg Fryer Treble Boost +?

Dyna Ranger?:

TMB?

help us impaired. please ... speaking for me self, that is! congrat's on the show and KNOCK 'EM DEAD! :dude :D

best,

Gril

6. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

The Fryer boost... it is so deadly.

The 31 rules hard too- watch with caution, you may have a G.A.S. attack- I love this amp.

We taped the show a couple hours ago, man the tones were EPIC.

If I do say so myself.

Check it out, one of the best tones I've ever mustered up for T.V.

I think we did the song justice!

7. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Just saw you, sounded great!! I have an RSA23 on order but your tone sounded great, up in the mix really nice. Is that a historic Paul? What kind of speakers in the cab? :dude

8. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

Great performance! One of my favorite songs...

9. RichSZ

RichSZ Member

The female backup singers looked pretty nice too!

10. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Ha... they certainly did...

Blues in the cab, 2 of em.

2004 Historic LP, w/voodoo 59's and RS kit... and Pigtail studs and tailpiece which is the shizzznit...

11. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

and Constantine sounded really great too!! That was a really great performance to watch. Are you touring with him, or was that a one off thing?

12. markp

markp Member

Just missed it.
    I have a couple west coast channels and the one I was on had differant musical guest WTF?Then as I flip through the channels I hear Constantine hit the last note and its over.

13. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Thanks for watching... thought my guitar was a little undermixed (20%?) dammit, oh well :)

Anyways, it was fun, and it was just a one off, unless they decide differently....

14. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

Both guitars sounded great. The stage setup was a little busy with all those backup singers. Constantine did a good job singing for the most part. He's no pro singer but at least he didn't hit any stinker notes like he did in the show.

I was wondering why you didn't state who the band was in your initial post;)

Did you get to meet Jamie Presley?

15. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

thank you
    sinasl1, it wasa treat! you did Brian & Freddie proud!!! Your playing was marvelous and the amp made me smile~sounded great !!! Beautiful female background singers can always "busy/clutter" my stage anytime-it's not always about the stage look!! :rolleyes: and they nailed it vocally! thanks for the gas on the pedal sinasl1 (Peter?) , thanks a lot! (wife stayed up and watched it with me, said that your sound was beautiful and stellar , But me thinks she stayed up with me to keep an eye on me and to make sure i Didn't order that pedal you mentioned (already have a 31 :D )

Very Enjoyable! Checked yur wewbpage and loved your songs too, maybe she'll at least let me get your CD :D

Props to the rest of the band! Piano dude was epic on BR.

Best,

Rick

wish i'd had the capability to record it! :(

16. FUSER

FUSER Member

Saw that.

Superb!!!!!

:cool:

17. rastaman

rastaman Member

I watched it, very cool!

18. sylvanshine

sylvanshine Member

Great song. Great band. Great tones. Singer, not so much.

Sorry. Only passable version of Freddy I've heard are George Michael (I know, but he was good), Suzie from Rockstar INXS and Greg Finsley of the Dallas Queen tribute band Queen For A Day. It's not enough to hit the notes. It's that extra 5% of something interesting that makes it great. Constantine (and Mig from Rockstar for that matter) are theatre performers, not rock band frontmen.

But agree that the tones were kickin'. Back to your regular scheduled amp thread.

19. granite

granite Member

Dude...you were the one with the Goldtop right? They stuck you way in back behind all the 80's clad backup singers. What was with their outfits? Anyway, the guitar sounds were great! I wish you had the solo so that I could really hear the
    Divided by 13 in action.

20. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Yeah, it was a little frustrating being back there :) But hey, just doing my job as trusty reliable guitar player guy. Thanks for checking it out and for all the kind words!