RSA23s vs. LDW17/39 master...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by redtoploader, Sep 16, 2008.

1. redtoploader

redtoploader Member

Has anyone played both? I'm speaking of the new RSA23s with the master volume.

If so, how would you compare the tones? Is the master on the 23 as good sounding as the LDW?

I just played an LDW the other day and was floored by how nice it sounded at reasonable volume. What a great rock amp.

2. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

I haven't played an RSA 23 - master model or the standard. I'd really like to try one. But, I do have a LDW - and it really has one of the best master volumes around.

3. hathisisfunnyha

hathisisfunnyha Member

RSA23s - JTM meets JMP - I played one and it was nice but i preferred the LDW it sounded to close to other Marshall clones.

LDW - JCM meets JTM - I owned one and it nailed the hard rock to smooth cleans and felt unique and not something you heard every day

The LDW is by far the better rock capable amp, and the master volume is killer. I highly recommend this amp and miss it everyday

4. redtoploader

redtoploader Member

Thats what I wanted to hear, thanks. I was really impressed with the 17 watt mode. It just sounds unique, perfect rock tones, and the eq was extremely effective. I mean, even with a tele bridge I could get smooth, non icepicky tones. Best master i've ever heard, I think.

5. hathisisfunnyha

hathisisfunnyha Member

I actually used the LDW with my Esquire and the tone was unreal. I played it next to a 70's JMP and 2204 JCM800 and the LDW smoked them both with plenty to spare.

6. redtoploader

redtoploader Member

Yep, I play esquires almost all the time. Bet it would sound unreal with a p90 guitar.

The amp gets the JCM comparision, but I think thats selling it short. Still can't get over how well the eq worked and how much range it had.

7. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

I personally don't think the LDW sounds anything like a JCM 800 at all. To me, there is just so much more going on. Sure, there are a lot of classic "Marshall like" tones - but, there's so much more. It does sound fantastic with P-90s.
    !