Rubber bottom for Tim pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Killcrop, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

I have an older Tim from 03. One of the first purple ones and it doesn't have anything on the bottom to keep it in place. I've been to Home Depot and I can't seem to find anything that will work. I would rather have the entire bottom covered as opposed to 4 little feet. Any suggestions?

2. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

VELCRO! or if you dont use a pedalboard look inside kitchen cabinet doors the little bumpers. Might piss the old lady off though.:D

3. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

i've got the rubber backing for a maxon pedal (mxr size) if you want it. wont fit the entire size of the pedal, but should keep it from slipping. the sticky side is still sealed up and ready to go. email me if you're interested.

4. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

cusack pedals includes pads with his tapawhirls that are the perfect size and shape. they will cover the entire bottom and work around the screws

e-mail him to see if you can get one straight from him, if not ... i may bewilling to let mine go.

peace, jon

5. landru64

landru64 Member

6. Johnnytone

Johnnytone Supporting Member

Wal Mart (or similar) sells 8 x 10 sheets of thin, rubber backed foam in the craft section. Plus it comes in assorted colors. Maybe 99 cents a sheet.

7. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

Thanks for the tips guys...

Wallmart eh? In the isle right next to the Gibsons? He he.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out. I knew this stuff had to be readily available somewhere.

8. jeak

jeak Member

Thin weather stripping also works. Just cut two pieces as wide as the pedal, stick one in front, one in back.

9. onemind

onemind Member

Michael's the Crafts store has adhesive back dense foam sheets for really cheap, that way you can avoid getting locked into Walmart to clean and stock shelves overnight

10. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Another cool option would be a rubber tire cut out to match the bottom ( i might have to do this ) i always thought the nice blue paint on the tim reminded me of a 34 rodded ford coupe;)