• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ruby Tubes

muff77

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with Ruby EL34 tubes? I'm usually using JJ Electronic EL34 L NOS Mullards but I've read that the Ruby tubes are worth checking out.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

Blue Strat

Ruby, as Groove Tubes, doesn't manufacture tubes...they buy tubes that are available directly from the manufacturer, test them, and put their brand name on them.

Ruby sells SEDs, Sovteks, JJs and other brands....so comparing a pair of JJ E34Ls to a pair of Rubys could be comparing the same tubes.

Each of Ruby's products has an alphabetic suffic which denotes the country of origin. This can help sort out what you're actually getting.

guitardr

Ruby, as Groove Tubes, doesn't manufacture tubes...they buy tubes that are available directly from the manufacturer, test them, and put their brand name on them.

Ruby sells SEDs, Sovteks, JJs and other brands....so comparing a pair of JJ E34Ls to a pair of Rubys could be comparing the same tubes.

Each of Ruby's products has an alphabetic suffic which denotes the country of origin. This can help sort out what you're actually getting.
:agree+1 with the Tube Maven...
Getting matched pairs/quartets of JJ's/Sovtek/SED's is not bad in a pinch, especially when you take a look at any NOS stuff. Let your ears do the judging on this subject: I carry various matched sets for in/out of the studio for a variety of combos. A very subjective subject...

muff77

Thanks! I wasn't aware-

HipKitty

Gold Supporting Member
For my two cents....I've been informed that the Ruby EL34B and the TAD EL34B are the same tube (and spec) from the same Chinese (Shuquang) manufacturer. Can't verify the info though....

Thames

I had EL34B-STR for a while in my Superbass.

Big tone. Now SED EL34, they feel more balanced.

hdahs143

Silver Supporting Member
I like their 12AX7AC5 preamp tubes. It is Chinese tube.Just started ordering from Magic Parts a couple of months ago, and have been through about 75 of these. They sound good, my customers are happy, and I haven't had any failures so far.

http://www.magicparts.com/main.htm

Good descriptions as well as the origin of their tubes. My only experience with their power tubes is a duet of EL34BSTR's I recently installed in my Matchless Clubman. A little more midrange than the JJ's it came with. So far so good, although I think Winged C's will be the ones I settle on.

Trending Topics