Running 2 amps at once

pullcats

I have a Clark Penrose (Fender Super 2 x 10 clone) and a Princeton Reverb Reissue. The Clark has no reverb. How do I safely run both amps at once so I can utilize the reverb in the PRRI. What's the best way?

mockoman

I use a stereo chorus pedal ( Visual Sound H2O ),and it works great.One output is dry,one is wet.

Warning: Once you get used to playing through 2 amps,it is very hard to go back to 1. It is a very nice,full,sound...

Here is an awful picture of my pedalboard. If you use something like the Whirlwind ABY in the top left corner of the board, you can run to two separate amps at the same time, or switch between using either one on it's own.

bgoez

Stratocasters are my downfall!
Gold Supporting Member
you would need a direct box off of the prri speaker output into the next amp. that's the only way to get the reverb to both amps.

LHanson

Here is an awful picture of my pedalboard. If you use something like the Whirlwind ABY in the top left corner of the board, you can run to two separate amps at the same time, or switch between using either one on it's own.

I've tried this, and I get a buzz from a ground loop.

pullcats

Bgoez. What do you mean 'direct box off'? Also, if I just use a ABY like the Radial Bigshot, that would give me the reverb from the PRRI only, but I would have both amps mixed together, so that would be fine. Yes?

bradinnm

Warning: Once you get used to playing through 2 amps,it is very hard to go back to 1. It is a very nice,full,sound...
Ain't it the truth. I love the dual output of my Carl Martin Quattro into two different amps. Especially using a Leslie type pedal on one output. It creates a nice big harmonically rich sound.

bradinnm

Anna_Laurel

I use a Radial Switchbone for 2 amp rigs. Transformer isolated outputs and tons of useful features like ground lift, boost, tuner out, etc

Not cheap at over 200.00 USD, but a very useful and well-built tool I find to be worth the cost

popthree

you can take the 2nd input from the princeton and plug a guitar cord from it to the input on the other amp..that does the same thing as an ABY

Trending Topics