Running an Octavia & Fuzz together?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cray2008, Feb 5, 2008.

1. cray2008

cray2008 Member

I currently have the CI Octavia and analogman sunface-yet when I run them together it's just too much gain. I might be mistaken, but don't guys like Bramhall run those two together? I am using single coils -I am also running the fuzz into the octavia because the fuzz likes to go first in the chain, right?

2. exodus

exodus Member

run it the other way around -- CI into the sunface. start with the gain low on the CI (like 9 o'clock). for the classic sounds, use your neck pickup with the guitar volume turned down, and perhaps even the tone knob turned down. best results start happening around the 10th - 12th fret. Experiment from there.

too much gain should never be a problem with vintage style fuzz pedals because they clean up quick with the guitar volume knob -- use it often, its key.

3. geetarman

geetarman Supporting Member

I prefer octave before fuzz.

4. cray2008

cray2008 Member

I run a bi comp too-and it seems like the fuzz and bi comp want to go early in the chain? When I ran the octavia into the fuzz volume seemed really low? THanks!

5. jgyn

jgyn Member

Me 2.