Running Fuzz into Deja Vibe??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cray2008, Feb 15, 2008.

1. cray2008

cray2008 Member

So I just picked up a old deja vibe and when I run my sun face into it-it only sounds good on vibrato mode? Do I need to run the deja into the fuzz, then to the amp - to get chorus mode to work? Tips please.....

2. Jet Bycraft

Jet Bycraft Member

Run a high quality overdrive after the Deja Vibe and it should sound better. Fuzz=Deja Vibe=Overdrive=Amp.

3. cameron

cameron Member

I don't think there's any right or wrong way to do it.

Since Vibe is a modulation effect, theoretically it should come after your dirt pedals. But many like it before. In my case, I have my vibe (a Mojo, rather than a Deja, not that it matters) before the dirt, and all my other modulation (flange, delay, phase) after the dirt pedals. I happen to like the vibe-into-fuzz effect, and I like the fuzz-into-flange effect. There'll probably be others who post who have the exact reverse preferences, and hate the fuzz-into-flanger effect.

4. cray2008

cray2008 Member

I hear you-but I like the fuzz at the start of my chain(it seems to sound better) . I will try running deja into fuzz tonight and see. I do remember I once ran the deja into a distorted amp and it did sound great.

5. steveb

steveb Member

Lots of people run the vibe before dirt pedals with very good results. Check out Eric D's YouTube clips. http://youtube.com/watch?v=B5VrKwA6JnU

I don't think fuzz into vibe sounds good unless there is distortion (amp or pedal) happening after the vibe. Hendrix @ Woodstock is a great example of fuzz>vibe>overdriven amp.

6. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

I always run any type of vibe before the dirt pedals. It gets way too phasey if I don't.

7. The Pup

The Pup Supporting Member

8. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

My mini Deja vibe gets too bright when any OD or fuzz or dirt is run into it. Other vibes, like the mojo seem to work okay with this (though they too get a little brighter), but the DV gets way too thin.

Since it is TB, when just using fuzz it is very much like having fuzz first in line, and when you turn it on, the volume from the DV can be adjusted to stay close to what you have when just guitar->fuzz.

9. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Mine's second in line after my wah. Seems to work best this way-I used to have my Dunlop Univibe after fuzz/od simply because it wasn't true bypass and would mess with the fuzz sound but since I traded it for the Deja I can run it before. That's one of the reasons for the switch.