• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Running Fuzz into drive

Arewenotmen?

Call me crazy, but recently I've been doing the opposite -- drive into fuzz. In my case, Fuchs Pure Gain into Chase Tone Red Velvet. Each sound awesome on their own, together they are more awesomer.

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
i am currently running my russion muff into my modified DS-1, I like the sound.
i do rotate my pedals and a number of my fuzzes into the DS-1 has a good sound!!! i keep the DS-1 on the bassy side (tone at like 10 o'clock)

BootRoots

Silver Supporting Member
I play mostly through clean fenders and find my fuzzes always sound best when running them either into my TS9 or KOT set to a lowish gain. Kinda mimicing a slightly overdriven amp.

Lauri Vennonen

Silver Supporting Member
I went through a host of od-pedals untill I got my Marshall Astoria Dual with a very nice drive channel. No longer need for an od-pedal. And more space for fuzz pedals in my board.

Also, I have the VFE Old School trem that has tremendous clean boost built in, 18v headroom, perfect for giving the clean channel some extra warmth.

chandra

TS7 hot mode > OpAmp Pi is pretty good tbh.

~~~~

DS1 with tone knob all the way up into the Op Amp with tone all the way down.

What a sound.

Kevy_Metal

I've been running fuzzes into drives and vice versa for awhile now, kinda late to the stacking pedals game, but it's been pretty fun seeing the combinations that work well together. A DOD 250 into another OD pedal has been rocking my world as of late, still have to try that into a fuzz.

At my last band practice, I ran an EHX Green Russian RI into a DOD Gunslinger. That seemed to ignite the rest of the band and push the energy up a notch.

Trending Topics