• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Running Two Amps At The Same Time (Marshall / Vox)

ArtDecade

I have a pretty basic setup. Typically, I run a Teese Wah into a Fryer Treble Boost into a Vox AC15. The treble boost doesn't really like things running into it, but the fuzz friendly buffer seems okay with it. I would like to run my Marshall 1974x at the same time as the Vox (and maybe switch between them), but I am not sure what splitter to use. As mentioned, the Fryer won't care for the buffer in something like the Tonebone Switchbone. There are also the Lehle pedals, but I don't know too much about them. What should I be looking in this situation? I would like to run it like this....

Guitar > Wah > Switcher >
1: Treble Boost > Vox
2: Marshall
3: Tuner (if possible)

Thanks in advance!

71strat

Get a Roger Mayer Treble Booster, which doesn't care if anythings run into it, and use the 2 x Buffered Outs on the Booster, and drive both amps with 1 pedal. You can also of course put together 2 boards for each amp.

The Buffer/Pedal has a Dual Drive/No Loss Splitter so you can run 2 amplifiers, and not lose any signal.

The Pedal also has 1 x True Bypass/Hardwired if you don't want to drive 2 amps, or use a buffer. It gives both options.

JimGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
You're gonna want a buffer either in the switcher or before the switcher. Otherwise splitting the signal will degrade your tone and you're most likely not going to like it. So in your setup put treble booster before the ABY, and yes that means your have to hit two switches if you always want the TB on with the Vox and off with the Marshall. And you'll need a buffer after the TB and before, or in, the switcher.

I have and like the Radial Tonebone Twin-City ABY. In a switcher you'll definitely want the option of being able to reverse phase and to do a ground lift. The former to get the amps sounding right with each other, and the latter will eliminate ground loop noise.

ArtDecade

I'm not looking to switch Treble Boosters even though Roger makes some wonderful pedals. I love my the ones I have and I switch them out when I need a bit more or less db depending on the room or amp.

Does anyone have any experience with the Lehle P-Split? I am wondering if I can run that to split my signal with one side running clean and the other with the treble boost. I am hoping that I can then take the two signals and run them into an amp splitter to control the Vox and the Marshall. Would that work?