RUSH Live last night.....WOW!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by BlackStrat_Fan, Aug 12, 2010.

1. BlackStrat_Fan

BlackStrat_Fan Member

Well, I finally can scratch seeing RUSH off my bucket list. What a performance. These guys played like they had the energy and enthusiasm of twenty year olds. Over 30 songs performed!

I remember as a young teen the buzz around school was this song Tom Sawyer. So when it came time to make my Columbia Records club selection I chose Moving Pictures, among other classics. That album really had an effect on me. I could not sit down and not listen to the whole album. Every nuance is etched into my mind. So, to see that whole album performed last night from beginning to end was something special.

I'm still beaming from the show. The production was outstanding, and the guys played flawlessly. I can't say enough great things about the performance. But, if I hear "slappa the bass mon" one more time......;)

2. reo73

reo73 Member

Saw them on the Presto tour back in '91. Never got around to seeing them again, and unfortunately won't be able to this go around. They are a fantastic live band, probably one of the best. Worth every penny in concert. Just an amazing group of musicians and the longevity is outstanding. I know they are not for everyone being more prog, but I put them up there with the greats such Floyd and Zeppelin as far as rock bands are concerned.

3. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

i saw them a few weeks ago in camden, nj and it was phenomenal. i also saw them on presto and counterparts but this tour just takes the cake. the whole production was just top notch.

4. CJReaper

CJReaper Member

I saw them on the 7th here in Seattle, awesome show as always. The video clips were hilarious. After the band retires in a few years they all could take up comedy, they were great in those clips (Ladies! Stop moving pitchers!!).

Cheers,

CJ

5. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

Saw them many times, the first being in the late 70s on their Farewell to Kings tour in a pretty small auditorium. Stood with my elbows on the stage right in front of Alex. This was back when Geddy was using only a single small synth and a set of bass pedals. INCREDIBLE show.

Did ya know that after The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, Rush is third for most consecutive gold albums of all time? Why they don't garner more cred from the public at large boggles the mind.

6. Maven

Maven Supporting Member

I can't wait!!!!! They are here in Vegas on Saturday night. My wife actually likes them but she's never seen them live. The last time I saw them was on the Signals tour in Atlanta in 1982..Hard to believe it's been 28 years!!!! My first concert was Rush on the Moving Pictures the year prior. I was 11 and went by myself! lol...they were amazing then but they certainly were not doing 3 hour shows like they are now. They are the best band in the world. Period.

We don't have tickets yet but there are many out there in this city...I'm going to get as close as I possible can for this show. Moving Pictures in it's entirety? Forget about it...AWESOME!

7. hazmat33

hazmat33 Supporting Member

I'll be at the Pittsburgh show on 9/16.
    The last time I saw them was on the Counterparts tour with Primus opening.
    What a great show all around!

8. PVH5150

PVH5150 Senior Member

Boston on September 14th for me.

Saw them on the Snakes & Arrows tour when it came to New Hampshire, believe it was July of 08. Great show then & expect a great one next month.

9. milk bone

milk bone Senior Member

Rush freakin delivers......big time. Saw them the other night in Seattle. Great show as usual. One of the ever dwindling number of bands I'll travel to see.

They got the arena thing nailed.......one of the best arena rock bands ever.

10. Steedee

Steedee Member

I'll be seeing them in ST Louis in a couple weeks. :banana
    Hopefully no pidgeons poop on Geddy"s bass!

11. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Senior Member

Great show last night. Loved the reggae version of "Working Man." The songs they played from the new record are outstanding.

12. isfahani

isfahani Member

Gaaah. Once again, I miss out b/c I am cross booked... Hope there's a DVD of this in the future.