Rush Time Machine Tour Video

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by DRS, Jan 21, 2012.

1. DRS

DRS Member

Rented this on PPV. Pretty darn cool. Cleveland. Some massive stadium filled to the top with screaming fans. RRHOF take notice;) Surprisngly, tons of females of all ages rocking out. So much for chicks not digging muso bands.
    They played a ton of stuff from their whole career. There were a number of cool skits with the boys in costume. Their pretty good actors. Alex played 4 different Axcess Pauls, a regular Paul, a PRS, a Tele, and his white 355 as well as an acoustic 12 string. These guys are still at the top of their game. I'd see the vid if you can.

2. MartinCliffe

MartinCliffe Member

I saw the tour (been meaning to see Rush since I first heard them in the mid 90s). Absolutely kicked butt. Glad the DVD is a fair representation - I'll have to pick that one up.

3. cmath

cmath Member

Sorry to be a buzz kill here and I'm a Rush fan but be warned.Geddy's vocals on that "Time Machine"DVD are at best,OK.Not his best night and it certainly could have been blown out.I'm not sure why they had to release it that way and not fix anything.What a shame.

4. direwolf

direwolf Supporting Member

The boys had us in their back pocket and we were very loud because everyone there knew about the DVD. No fixing needed............keepin it real.

5. DV52

DV52 Member

No fixing needed,they are not Nille Vanillie or whoever they were'nt.

6. DRS

DRS Member

Yes, Geddy struggled with his vocals - but the whole vibe of the show and the music was incredible. Alex sounded HUGE. I don't know if he's still using H&K or has he gone back to Marshall? But he sounded great. Always articulate - never mushy. Geddy is a force of nature - bass, keyboards, Taurus pedals, singing. Neil Pert is obviously an extraterrestrial.

7. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

pretty sure he's still using the H&K stuff, according to the rush.com website. also using a ton of other stuff :)

8. RupertB

RupertB Supporting Member

I liked Time Machine a lot. Great song selection. Generally speaking, the performance was outstanding. I agree that Geddy had an odd inflection in his voice that was a little distracting but at almost 60, I don't really expect him to sound like he did in 1978.

The skits were a friggin' riot. "Rash" :D

9. Mudder

Mudder Member

Alex is using several H&K amps in those cool steampunk cabs. While Geddy can't quite get where he used to be he put on a great show. We saw them live when they came last summer and it was a fabulous show.

10. RSRD

RSRD Member

Exactly the guy is SIXTY!! The fact that he's that fluid on bass, sings and plays keys without error is amazing enough. You are worried about him hitting some squirrly high notes :bonk

Great show!