S-Gear for Mac has been released

ltkojak

C'mon Mac Heads!

Start taking out your credit card... the S-Gear it's hard to resist.

C'mon... you KNOW you want to! ;)

HTH,

donbarzini

Here's my response from the other thread:

Just downloaded and bought for the Mac last night. I've owned every software modeler and this is the best. Mike, please don't sell out to Peavey. Running guitar straight into RME Babyface thru Adam A7X monitors. So open sounding and dynamic. I go back to GR5, night and day difference, great software for an unbelievable price!

North

I´ve been using just about any hardware modeller including the Axe-Fx Ultra and II. Also tried many of the software modellers, lately I have been using Guitar Rig 5 some.

The first time I fired up S-Gear, I felt a great relief. I could just take any of the amp sims and instantly get not only a usable but great sound. Just turn a few knobs and play for hours.

Very easy, organic, responsive and just real. IMHO, it fills the gap between any (other) HW/SW modeller and the Axe - and at $75 you can´t lose.

Highly recommended.

IMHO.

CyberFerret

Yeah - I've been playing with the Mac version for about 24 hours now - and really enjoying it.

Love my Axe-FX Ultra, but S-Gear is probably the best sounding software modeller that I have come across to date...

SnowfaLL

It'll be interesting to see if that SM pro pedal (one that can load VST/etc in it) will ever be released; loading S-Gears into that then comparing it hardware a hardware vs an Axe-FX rig.. Thats what I want to hear.

People talk like S-Gears is the main competition for Axe-FX.. it needs a hardware loaded component! I'd definitely be interested then.

(arg kinda wish I didnt learn about the V-Pedal.. it sounds so amazing yet 2 year delay in production, I dont see it ever coming out honestly.. Reminds me of the Egnater E2, 3 years since announcement and still no word on whats up with it)

Last edited:

JJ Vamp

another vote for the Sgear
the marshall sim is unblievable. Also -getting great sounds is so easy .
-the best guitar software to come along in a longtime.

DigitalTube

C'mon Mac Heads!

Start taking out your credit card... the S-Gear it's hard to resist.

C'mon... you KNOW you want to! ;)

HTH,

I would and probably will buy it, but my needs for modeling is mostly for live use, and the Axe II, and the Kemper when available will most likely do the job for me..lol
Haven't really heard any clips that make me want to retire my AXE II, but it seems like a nice software to have especially at that price!..Will end up buying it when i have time to mess with it..

Elmer

hell is chrome
This thing sounds great. I downloaded the Mac demo earlier today and had a chance to fool with it for a couple of hours (just noodling with the presets) before I had to go do family stuff. Got back home a while ago and started creating my own patches, using some of the presets as a starting point. I must say, I am impressed.

This is some of the best software modeling I have ever heard, and it feels right too. I'm about to whip out the credit card and make this a permanent addition to the ol' tone arsenal.

PacoCasanovas

I'll give 'em a try - Mike did great with Marshall and Akai in the past century....so let's see what he got for us in the 21th century

For Marshall sounds, S-Gear gets the best modeled sounds I've ever heard, software or hardware based... My desire to drop $2200 for the AxeFX was seriously damaged by the Kemper and my desire to drop $2000 on the Kemper was seriously damaged by S-Gear.

Even if I spend $500 for a great, low-latency audio interface (which I need for other stuff anyway), I'm still $1500 ahead and for that I can go buy an SG.

Thanks Mike for the awesome product!

guitarnet70

It'll be interesting to see if that SM pro pedal (one that can load VST/etc in it) will ever be released; loading S-Gears into that then comparing it hardware a hardware vs an Axe-FX rig.. Thats what I want to hear.

People talk like S-Gears is the main competition for Axe-FX.. it needs a hardware loaded component! I'd definitely be interested then.

(arg kinda wish I didnt learn about the V-Pedal.. it sounds so amazing yet 2 year delay in production, I dont see it ever coming out honestly.. Reminds me of the Egnater E2, 3 years since announcement and still no word on whats up with it)

+1 :agree

Defendant

Silver Supporting Member
Using the mac demo. Sounds great. Killer deal. Dude needs to model more amps, hope that's on the agenda.

Blueser

Gold Supporting Member
Loaded the Mac version last night, but haven't had too much time with it. I definitely think theres some good stuff going on in there, but I still need some time to tweak. Not sure my Mackie HR828's are an ideal platform for this setup, and will probably try a few other options I have:

1. A pair of QSC HPR1221i that I will try with my Mackie Oynx interface. I have not been a fan of FRFR in the past, but we'll give it a shot with this setup.

1. My Axe FX Ultra Rig is running into a QSC RMX850 power amp and out to a Tone Tubby 2x12 H-Bomb cab. This is my preferred rig, but I need to load the S-Gear software on my Macbook Pro and run a line out to the Power amp to try this. A bit more of a PITA, but one that I expect to yield better results, due to my preference for this setup on my Axe. I would just disable the speaker cab sims in the S-Gear software.

I do think that the S-Gear software has incredible potential, and I would love a software solution for my amp setup, which would really create incredible flexibility for me. Regardless, I don't think I will be offing my Axe Ultra rig anytime soon. It has been providing me with the best tones I have ever had for over two years now!

More to follow.

B

wichita

So guys does this work WITH my pro tools rig?
I am a little confused.
If its that darn good I will use my laptop with my new Retro Channel Power amp for some small live gigs...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom